60 ... ask me aga!n

friday
knights
60

☊ | track forty-seven—last one i love

february 11th—two months later

"CARTER FOR THE LAST TIME I am fine," Amira huffed, tossing her head back. "The bathroom and the bed are not that far from each other, I'm not crippled," She felt the back of her legs hit the duvet and with a tired sigh, she sat down. Still, Carter didn't let go of her hand after walking her from the bathroom to the bed. He still held a firm grip. "I just don't want you to accidentally slip," The concern was evident in his voice so to soothe his nerves, she kissed his hand and tilted her head back to look up at him.

"I won't."

"You don't know that," He answered irritatedly.

"I do because I know when to be extra careful. It's not like I'm eight months yet so I can still do many things on my own. That includes getting in and out of the shower without you monitoring and or listening after me," He still looked worried so to distract and avoid an argument, she removed just the bottom half of the towel, showing her three-and-a-half-month-grown belly. "Here talk to your kid while I lotion myself, it'll make you feel better. But be careful getting on your knees," She pointed a stern finger with the lotion.

"This conversation isn't over though," She rolled her eyes as he got to his knees in front of her and crossed his arms on top of her thighs. His breath tickled her belly as he sighed and shook his head. "Morning little Knight," He placed a soft kiss on the middle of her stomach. "How'd you sleep?"

"Yeah me either. You kept sending Mommy to the bathroom all night. It almost had me worried until I remembered it was a normal thing. You won't be too stubborn like mommy will you?" He mindlessly traced hearts with a small smile when Amira scoffed from above. "I hope not." He continued.

"But either way, I'm prepared to deal with it. I have her for practice and it isn't easy I tell you that much. She just doesn't understand how cautious I'm being for the both of you. But I love her so fighting on this never lasts long. I know I'm too lovestruck, I've gone too deep...literally, but this is our first time so she gets a free pass. She'll learn the next few times around though," He kissed a usual pattern of I love you across her belly, a way of ending the conversation.

"You know what we should do?" He tried changing the subject, "Let's do the cliche and get a dog or cat of our own for our baby to grow up with. Wouldn't that be wholesome?"

Amira paused rubbing lotion on her arm and looked down. "Hold up, the next few times around? My womb is not your personal sperm sanctuary," He chuckled and whispered to her stomach, "Mommy's just talking nonsense. Being an only child is probably so boring, I wouldn't put you through that. Good thing daddy is very good at what he does so you'll have brothers and sisters in no time," He assured and winked.

Amira wiped lotion across his mouth to shut him up. "Oh look, now you look like me on my knees. All you needed to do was swallow," She smirked, and he wiped his face with her towel. "You know, you being pregnant has its advantages."

"And why is that?"

"Because I can't fight or insult you back how I want. Not with this wound and because with your mood swings, you'll get offended and most likely suffocate me in my sleep."