6 ... h!ghway coast!ng

friday
knights
6

☊ | track four—ocean drive

"WANNA SEE SOMETHING COOL?" Amira was too busy texting in the back seat to notice Carter grinning at her. Something felt off with the way her fingers typed at full speed, and the slight frown on her face. Carter's face fell and paused for a moment. His eyes shifted to her rapid-speed fingers as he tried making out the contact name. "Amira," She paused at the mention of her name—knowing Carter rarely called her by her full name. "Huh? Oh!" She realized she was caught red-handed and blackened her screen. Carter tightened his jaw, already having an idea of who she was texting. He hated how desperate she made herself.

And for someone like Tyler Smith?

She was better than that—than him.

"Look at me," She looked up from her lap embarrassed. "You," Her breath skipped a beat when Carter slid his hand underneath her chin and held her jaw. "You, Bellissimo, do not need to waste your time on any guy that doesn't appreciate or treat you right. You hear me? You're worth more than that," His grip slightly tightened and she gasped breathlessly.

She felt stuck.

"Tell me you know you're worth more than that," His thumb slightly ran across her bottom lip and instead of letting his simple touch make her melt like she almost did, she cleared her throat and removed his hand.

"I know that. Not that it's any of your business."

He sighed softly and shook his head, smiling.

"You're so stubborn. Ma è ciò che ti rende."

"I never know if you're insulting me or not."

Both of the brothers laughed out loud, raising her suspicion even more. "Insulting you would be like a vampire trying to touch the spell book of a witch and getting burnt. It's impossible for them, therefore it's impossible to insult you and not—"

"Take yourself seriously." Carter finished.

"Exactly."

Amira looked between them. "Y'all so damn corny."

"Sarei tutto quello che vuole e lei non ha il minimo indizio," Carter muttered to Cato and they both chuckled, sharing looks only the twin connection can recite. Amira felt like a third wheel at the moment. She was the odd one out being the only soul in the car with no knowledge of the Italian language.

"English for my sake, please? If I'm going to be forced to have fun against my will, I need to understand when it's time to pop you both in the mouth for being dicks."

"Anything, Caro."

"Anything for you."

"Hm, maybe I should've suggested Chris Evan's phone number if this trip means I can have anything."

"Don't ever ask me to be your wingman."

"Ouch, is it because you're bad at talking to women?"

She smirked and Carter scoffed.

"No. I have my reasons."