4 ... road tr!p?

friday
knights
4

| track three—staying up late

THE NEXT MORNING AT her dorm, Amira woke up on the wrong side of the twin-sized bed, and to her not so surprised, so did her dorm mate. Lydia Stevens, Amira's second dorm mate whom she was casual with—thankfully. Her first roommate was none other than the drama queen herself, Sarah Philips; Carter's ex-girlfriend by a year. The two girls almost got along—or in other words, Amira tried to make the best of her whining and complaining. It wasn't easy.

Two weeks into their first semester, Amira couldn't deal anymore. Different guys came in and out, her many girlfriends squealing and gossiping while she tried to study and get her work done, and the constant nitpicking about her weight. Amira—being the thick and curvy girl she is, Sarah on the hand was slim and so were all her friends. They didn't have amounts of thigh meat and large breast to maintain every day or the struggle of fitting in jeans because of their butt.

Which was fine but coming for someone else who wasn't her size kind of made her just sound plain jealous and that's what Amira always concluded and left her and her comments alone. A month in, things got worse as the twins interfered more and more in her life.

Sarah wanted them both, but not as much as Carter. That was because she noticed how infatuated Carter seemed to be with Amira—still, without her acknowledgment. And with the twins constantly making excuses just to be at her dorm, Sarah had more advantage and time to get to know them.

Not to mention how infuriatingly jealous she was of her relationship with the twins—not that Amira herself would call it any type of relationship, but that's what everyone on and off campus concluded.

Off-campus because the family is casually famous.

Sarah did a ton of devious and nasty things to try to make Amira seem unattractive to the guys. Obviously, they didn't work and frankly, they most likely never
will. Mixing her morning routine, hiding her clothes, and purposely saying embarrassing things out loud.

The girl tried everything and after faking her way closer to Carter at the time, she was satisfied with it all. But, the white girl fucked with her hair—her natural hair at that, mixing it in chewed-up bubble gum. Amira had enough at that point and she had to be put down.

Not only was she salty because Amira had one of the girls—a sista of course because who else? wet her hair with safe products to dissolve the gum right out and although her ends had to get cut, she didn't mind as she required a little trim anyway. She then had the rights to a new dorm mate that same day to her surprise. But Sarah wasn't off the hook that easily.

So she found out which hair salon was usual for her and paid someone to cut her ends unevenly and give her chipped-up bangs. She came back to their dorm with collar-bone length hair screaming and tossing shit, solely to realize everything she owned was packed.

With Amira sitting on her bed on the right side of the room and twins on either side of her, Sarah was embarrassed and had been too angry to realize they were in the room as well. As the pathetic girl tried to make herself beautified, it was too late and everyone—including half of the girls in their area standing at the door saw. Amira smirked—her arms crossed and her hair fresh, free, and curled, snapped a Polaroid pic.