31 ... honey

friday
knights
31

☊ | track twenty-five—luv

AMIRA FELT LIKE A COMPLETE CHILD standing in front of the twins—who she now liked to call; her thing one and thing two, her brooding Derek Hale and sentimental Stiles Stilinski. They stood side by side, arms crossed like body guards, gathering unwanted attention from students passing by and or sitting around the halls.

It had been only three days since they've been back home and they were not leaving her side. Which started to annoy her. The three of them stood outside of her business class and while the two standing before Amira were still concerned for her wellbeing, Amira was slowly but surely trying to feel like her old self.

Though she secretly still had nightmares. Her last one  accrued two nights ago but she hid it from everyone.

Cato frowned and grasped her hand. Amira wrapped both of her hands around it. "Cato, sweetheart," She smiled playfully and squeezed his hand. "I'm fine."

"I told you it's not your fault. I will slap you silly if you say it again," Cato hesitantly nodded and Amira pulled him in for a hug. "My brain still won't process it."

Amira rubbed his back before pulling away to look at him. "Looks like we both wanted the wrong guy huh?" She chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood. "But what he did to me can't even compare to what he did to you."

They may have been enemies since high school, but at one point Kaz was his friend—his only friend and to know that he physically abused—not only someone he loved, but someone in general, felt like a piece of his life was taken away. Simply because Kaz was once apart of his life and was since considered a good guy.

Even after what happened, Cato still believed he was a good guy despite the on-going and unnecessary feud.

Kaz was a lot of things, Cato knew things about him that no one else knew, the things that went on at home.

How he grew up in a non-loving household and for the most part, turned out decent. How his father abused his mother and now how it unfortunately—suddenly, influenced the end of his life before it could even start. Cato shouldn't, but he felt sympathy for Kaz. If he had only gone to live with his rich lawyer uncle and wife sooner instead of spending years in a household that didn't love or teach him anything. Cato was the only one who knew. Having people think Kaz was blessed rich and perfect was his way of leaving the past behind.

Cato never would've thought he'd turn out this way and part of him blamed himself for not telling Amira the red flags sooner. Maybe something inside of him wanted to give an friend the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he missed him. He didn't anymore. Any part of him that was too hidden away to admit he missed Kaz, was gone.

It now filed with nothing but hatred and regret.

Regret for ever loving him and making him judge his entire existence. For making him question his self worth ever since. Meeting him was the one thing he sadly didn't regret. Even though he wished he regret it, he couldn't simply because the old Kaz that is probably now lost, taught him a few things in that one single year.

And it sucked that he had to look at the very person he loves suffer from the damage someone he once loved caused. It felt like a punishment from the universe.