7 ... carn!val adrenal!ne

friday
knights
7

☊ | track five—time flies

WITH A CONTENT SMILE, Amira stretched her limbs out and leaned up against the now roofed car whilst admiring the rays of blue above, the plush clouds moving at their own pace above the world. She still wore the pitch-black shades though the sun wasn't a problem anymore, she'd keep them on just until the clouds decided to do their job and be her shield once more. Her arms stretched out above her head and she stood there in that position, enjoying the cool breeze.

"Guess you're not still mad about skipping class," Carter came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her middle, swooping her off her feet smoothly. Amira squealed, slapping his shoulder repeatedly.

"Let me go and yes, I am still pissed. I didn't skip, you colorless dumbasses kidnapped me," She sneered with a grinch frown. Carter grinned nonetheless of her attitude, using one hand to lift the shades from her eyes. "Oh!" He gasped dramatically—sarcastically.

"I stand corrected. You are so terribly pissed. That's why there's a little dimple popping out the side of your cheek. Admit it, you're already having fun."

As Amira scoffed, Carter laughed and she scuffed his hands off of her. "Don't pick me up ever again."

"Can't promise that. That'll be one of my moves for later today. As I grab your wide hips and pull you closer..." Amira backed up as Carter slowly cornered her against the car but she held her ground, not appearing affected or swooned by the way his voice changed. And the way he looked down at her—and the way he licked his pink lips, smirking. Okay, maybe just a little. A little.

"And the second my lips touch yours, I'll lift you off your feet..." He paused, tilting his head. Amira looked at his neck tattoo again. It was fresh only by two months—she thinks. She never kept track whenever Carter decided it was time to mark his skin with more permanent ink.

But she was very curious about this one.

She couldn't help the burning desire to know.

It somehow...made him more...attractive? She couldn't believe her brain concluded that but it was the truth.

Tattoos were marked all over Carter. She didn't know how—or why, but she could picture the placements all around his body. It wasn't because she ogled his body every time he was around—no. Carter was always most likely shirtless due to football and working out. That, or he'd claim it were a blazing hot day. Which was just his excuse to be shirtless around her.

Amira's eyes went back to Carter as he hummed in realization and stepped back, giving her space to breathe however she needed. "Well, after that it usually ends in my bedroom—" He was cut by Amira almost hitting him—as usual, but he grabbed her wrist and defended.

"But not with you! No, no I know you'd never," She grumbled at his sarcasm and snatched her wrist, Carter mumbled in Italian just as Cato hopped out of the car.

"And just so you know," She poked the middle of his chest. "You're not winning this bet. I'll see the floor as actual lava before these lips touch those Casanova ones." Carter solely hummed in amusement

"We'll just have to see about that, won't we Bambola."

With a sassed hair toss, Amira slid the sunglasses back over her eyes and began walking through the parking lot of the carnival. "Since I'm stuck with you two for the rest of the day, you're paying for everything my princess's heart desires," She turned now in the middle of the lot. The guys stood beside each other, their arms crossed.