26 ... choose you

friday
knights
26

☊ | track twenty-two—i'm yours

"I CANT FIND MY—OH," Theo grabbed his camera charger from Amira who appeared at the top step. "But the lenses—" She took the piece from behind her back and dropped it in his hand. Theo looked up at her in awe as she gave him a knowing look. She was well aware of Theo losing things especially when they were important. He loved his camera's but he was always cursed with losing them and it's rightful pieces.

Theo opened his mouth but Amira interrupted.

"Extra equipment is already in your bag, you just organize it the way you want. You're welcome," She stealthily smirked. Theo crashed into her arms, almost knocking them down.

"What would I do without you?" He sat his chin in her stomach, peering up at her. She smiled softly and chuckled, playing with his fluffy loose curls.

"Probably waste money on new equipment."

Theo squeezed her before running down to his room. "You're the best!" He called, turning the corner.

"He's right," A voice that was the cause of her unprofessionalism said from behind her. Amira took a deep breath before turning to face Carter. She stumbled back a bit as he were dangerously close, but that step back nearly ended her life. With enhanced reflex's, he gripped her waist tight and yanked her flush against him, holding her for dear life. "Fucking hell Amira," He gritted, squeezing her side and spinning them around to change standing positions. "Don't die in front of me or else I'm going with you," He scolded her sweetly.

Amira held his forearms, still shook from nearly tumbling down the stairs. "Shit, thanks."

She heard him mumble in Italian as he embraced her.

"You genuinely scared me. I don't usually get scared that easily," She felt him tremble a bit which made her heart hurt in a good way. Sliding her hands down his forearms, she set them on top of his hands that held her waist. "You were really scared?" He looked at her like the question was as stupid as he thought it was.

"Of course I was. Why wouldn't I be?"

She stared at him for a moment before shaking her head and backing out of his embrace. "Nothing...it's just—I never really noticed how much you actually cared about me. I mean, I mostly thought you toyed with me just to annoy me. But," She placed her hand over his rapid beating heart and sighed.

"You're still shaking."

He grabbed the hand and placed kisses over her fingers. "You scared is all, Amore Mio. And of course I care about you. It's all I ever do, even if you saw it as me getting on your nerves." She smiled softly and pulled away just as Victoria rounded the corner with a suitcase in hand. She made sure to take safe steps back.

"I just need you to finish helping the girls pack and then you're done and free of all of us," Amira chuckled at Victoria's exaggerated gesture whilst Carter grabbed the suitcase from his mother. "Mamma you know dad and I don't like when you carry heavy things yourself ever since you were pregnant with Theo," He gave her a warning look and she rolled her eyes. "Your brother is fine—we're not doing this again Piccola merda."

Carter pretended to be taken aback. "Ouch Mamma."

"I am capable but since you think you're a man, help your father load the car," She crossed her arms. Carter glanced between his mother and Amira who wiggled her eyebrows. "But...it's just uh, I wanted to talk to Amira—" Victoria stood behind Amira and held her shoulders. "Amira will still be here if you're done on time but that gives you an advantage to work quick."