27 ... crossf!re

friday
knights
27

"CARTER IT'S BEEN FIVE HOURS."

"Do you miss me already?"

"I miss you already, Bellissimo."

Amira rolled her eyes which hid the fact that her stomach was swarming with butterflies and her lips betrayed her with a smile. The Knights left at 12 and it's now 5 pm. Carter never thought himself to be the clingy type but here he was, on the beach of their new family beach house clutching onto his phone as if it were the last and only communication he'd ever with her. Dramatic.

He was in love and there was no denying that, but it would take some time before he admitted that to Amira. For her sake. "You're not right in the head."

"I'm not? Just because I miss you?" She smiled.

"I don't think it's healthy to miss someone this much. You texted me fifteen minutes after you left."

"My heart ached, I needed to satiate it," He shrugged.

Amira shook her head.

"You're something else, Knight."

"We should FaceTime. I want to see your face."

"No."

"No?"

"I'm afraid you might jerk off on camera."

Carter laughed unexpectedly because she probably wasn't wrong. "I can tell you who I do miss though."

Carter paused taking a sip from his bottled Calypso juice; Amira's favorite drink of all time. He bought a pack from the store a few minutes down from the beach and had to see what the hype was all about. He had to admit, his girl had fine taste. He ran through at least four in the last thirty minutes. "Does his name happen to start with a C?" She snorted sarcastically.

"It could, but no."

"I'm hurt, so hurt."

"I miss Sasha!" She whined, not being able to hold her cool back. "I just love that little girl! She behaves so well and I'm just so in love with her!" She flopped back on her bed, taking a break from organizing the side of her room. It wasn't dirty but she needed some kind of fix because Lydia's side was horrific and she had one rule. Don't clean her side of the room.

Amira was itching to clean at least the bed.

But she respected Lydia for being so cool about anything else. The girl was messy but she wouldn't have it any other way honestly. Lydia being the down-to-earth person she is, Amira didn't want any other roommate besides Lydia and if it were possible, she'd want Yasmin along for the ride. The three would be an unstoppable closed-off force to be reckon with.

Carter on the other line smiled.

"You've spent more time with me before meeting my family and you miss my baby sister over me? Wow."

Amira chuckled, staring at the ceiling.

"Very much."