47 ... halloween

friday
knights
47

AMIRA WANTED TO GIVE UP. She wanted to leave the campus completely. All she wanted to do was have lunch outside after class. But eyes, eyes everywhere gawked at her like she were a questionable species. Whispers and chatter surrounded her everywhere she went, going through one ear and out the other. Everyone knew. Students from Kaz's university were so obsessed with their star player that they exposed the news to their school's article on the internet.

It spread around like wildfire. She sat with her things close together, her hands fidgeting in her bouncing lap. All she wanted was to graduate without a history that would probably follow her for the rest of her life. She knew it was a matter of time before everyone would find out, but still, it felt humiliating. No one knew how to mind their business.

People only cared to talk because she was dating Carter. If she never knew the twins or their family, no one would care.

It was like high school all over again. People made it worse by coming up to her personally and asking what happened like they were her closest friends, telling her that they stood with her as if they've said a single word to her ever. Others would degrade her by saying it was her fault for dating the enemy like they were in middle school.

Or felt betrayed.

They had the nerve. Unable to take more stares and shit-talking people walking by, she gathered her things to leave until a group of everyone she knew and loved sat down at her table at the same time with their things. Including Tyler which surprised her. He'd been cool to have around she admitted, but Carter was still suspicious.

And despite how chill of a person Tyler was, she still didn't understand the ignorance and small hate comments that would get thrown at him. The two would simply only talk in class most of the time. An arm snaked around her waist securely and she sighed, leaning into him. She felt safe.

"I'm so sorry baby," Carter whispered with an upset frown, holding her chin up and kissed her cheek and forehead. It frustrated him that he couldn't do anything to help or to make her feel better about the situation. Amira smiled lazily at all of her friends, grateful for them. "You didn't have to be here but thanks guys," Yasmin sitting across from her reached for her hand. "You're my best friend," She made it clear. "And you're my future soon-to-be wife."

She chuckled and rolled her eyes at Carter.

"And the rest of us just love you," Cato smiled sadly.

"Hell yeah we do," Lydia nodded.

Her heart was heated with the warmth of them.

"Tell me how you feel," Carter brushed her braids behind her shoulder. "Tell me what's going through your head right now. I know I can't fix but, but I love you and I'm always here to talk or whenever you need a shoulder to cry on."

Amira hugged his torso tight. "I love you too."

"Um, hello?" Yasmin looked puzzled, "Since when?!"

"Oh," Amira turned to her friend.

"I'm black and in love," She grinned and Carter chuckled, hugging her closer to his side. "And I'm just now finding out you finally realized you love this love-sick puppy?!" Yasmin exclaimed. Carter looked at her offended. "Excuse me?"