18 ... september

friday
knights
18

☊ | track fourteen—curious/furious

a month later—september

IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER and that meant summer was nearly coming to an end. But not for the Knights. With a busy father and active children, the family hadn't been on vacation at all this summer. They'd been itching for ocean waters, beach houses, and boardwalks. The kids just wanted to ditch school and get out of the house. That was the plan for the next couple of upcoming weeks. Warren finally took some time off to spend it with his wife and kids which meant Amira wasn't needed much this weekend.

But the kids wanted her to stay—and by want, they begged her. She didn't mind since she had no weekend plans. Lydia would go to spend her weekend with a couple of friends and as for Yasmine, her sister was visiting and she would be spending all of her time with her. As much as Amira would love her peace and quiet at her dorm, she truthfully didn't want to be alone. It's been a month since she started seeing Kaz and they still didn't have a label on their relationship. They were just friends with benefits that enjoyed each other's time.

He would be away with his uncle and little brother which definitely meant she'd be all alone. So staying with the Knights was her best and only option.

She found their relationship much easier this way and it was odd. She'd never been with someone she made out with a lot and not been in a relationship with.

It was weird that it didn't bother her as much.

With her phone in hand and her thumbs hovered over the keyboard in the notes app, Amira walked around the house following Victoria taking notes as she informed and went over important things with the kids and their upcoming events. The house was busy with everyone getting ready for their stay at a condo down by Wildwood NJ. Mr. Knight recently purchased.

Dodging Theo running up the stairs with a bunch of different cameras in hand, she continued following Victoria as she headed toward the living room.

"Sasha has a photo shoot after we come back for her birthday—you don't have to worry about the party, we already hired someone, I would never make you go through all that trouble when my babies are enough. Diane has her dance recital coming up this November—Lola I found your favorite sun hand!" Amira then followed her to the kitchen after she placed some clothes and Lola's hat on the arm of the couch, "—and we're in the process of picking out her theme outfit since she has her first solo. I wanted to let you know in advance."

"Got it," She said, finishing up typing it all down.

"Just to make sure you have everything written down correctly, skim through all of that for me please."

Scrolling up the list, she started from the top.

"The following week before you leave for vacation, Lola has her pageant competition—this one determines whether or not she goes to the finals," Victoria nodded while continuing cooking dinner in the kitchen. Amira continued, "Theo has his short film presentation at school and make sure it's the pg13 version this time, Sasha has her photo shoot for her big 01 soon, and Diane has her November recital—plus, her solo."

She took a breath and looked up at Victoria.

"Great, thank you," She smiled kindly. "You know,"