♡ 9 ♡

Chapter 9

LQ

《 ♡♡♡ 》

(DM's POV)

We were on our way back to Puerto Princesa from Narra, with Blake driving and at the passenger seat was Sean. Willa and I were at the backseat. We all travelled to Narra, with Mang Homer and Aida. But as planned, we dropped off Aida to where she was staying just within Puerto Princesa. When she got off from the van, she didn't say a word to anybody.

Mang Homer really looked sad until we reached Blake's house in Narra. Blake talked to him in private when we arrived and I, Willa and Sean, stayed in the living room.

"Why did you do that?" Willa broke the silence. She asked Sean.

I was not in the mood for anything especially talking about what happened. Sean was standing beside the glass window while Willa stood up from sitting beside me on the couch and went to him.

"I just did something that went with what you said," Sean answered back.

Willa sighed. "Sean, that wasn't what I wanted to achieve. Akala ko magbabago ang isip ni Aida. 'Yong hihingi siya ng tawad."

"That never happens in reality, okay? What happened was right. Besides, that girl deserves some major overhauling to come up with a good realization. Move on, Willa. This is fair."

Willa didn't say a word. Napatitig na lang ako sa kanya. She still didn't look okay with the result but she was somehow relieved that Mang Homer was all better.

"Oh, come on. Are you mad at me?" my friend asked.

"Hindi. Nag-iisip lang ako." She twitched her lips.

"You trust Blake with this, right? He's in serious business with Mang Homer now. Don't fret." Sean continued talking with Willa who looked at him in return. "Come on. Fist bump."

"Fist bump." Willa did the fist bump with Sean. They both smiled at each other.

"You know, I'm starting to think you're my favorite girl as of the moment. Of course, next to my sister, Lily."

Willa's reaction changed. Her smile immediately vanished. I saw something in her eyes that I couldn't explain. She didn't look fine, all of a sudden.

"Favorite girl?" she repeated. Her eyes saddened. She turned away and walked to the balcony.

My brows furrowed as I watched her heave a sigh.

《 ♡ 》

(Willa's POV)

Sa sobrang intense ng mga nangyari, alas nuwebe ng gabi na kami nakabalik ng hotel. Medyo matagal din kasing nag-usap sina Mang Homer at Blake. Tungkol siguro sa pamamahala sa bahay. Nang matapos silang mag-usap na dalawa, maayos kaming lahat na nagpaalam kay Mang Homer na makikitaan na ng sigla sa mga mata. Nagtitiwala ako kay Blake sa kung anong batas man ang ipatupad niya sa paglagi ni Mang Homer sa bahay niya.

Sa sobrang pagod siguro, wala na kaming masyadong pinag-usapan pa sa biyahe pabalik ng Puerto Princesa. Nang magutom, naghanap na lang kami ng makakainan sa daan.

Hindi ako kinikibo ni DM. Si Blake lang ang kinakausap niya. Nag-usap din sila kaunti tungkol sa pagpapalinis sa barong-barong ni Mang Homer. Hindi na rin sumabat pa si Sean sa usapan nila. Naiintindihan ko naman siya. Nakailang warning din siya sa akin dahil alam kong ayaw niyang makialam kami on the verge of what was happening between Mang Homer and Aida pero nagpumilit pa rin ako.