♡ 5 ♡

Chapter 5

HEART OF GOLD

《 ♡♡♡ 》

(DM's POV)

"I told you the truth already. I made that up and then when we left, I spent the whole time with her until maybe nine last night." That was seriously the fourth time I told the same story about Willa over and over again.

Just as planned, after the mass, Blake, Sean and I drove off to the property site of Blake's dad somewhere in Narra.

"How did you know her name? Did you make it up also?" Sean asked.

"Heard her say it to the receptionist. Sino na 'yon? 'Yong ka-flirt mo?" I turned to Blake who was driving for us.

"Tessie?" he answered without taking his eyes off from the road.

"Yup, that one."

"Pero, pare, seriously? You have a thing for her? Well, she looks okay naman. Short. Cute. Pretty. But really, DM? I don't know petite girls attract you now."

"Whoa! Hold that up. You think I have a type?"

"Yes. Lahat naman ng dine-date mo, modelesque type. And then Willa Girl comes in and then, bang! What happened with your taste, dude?"

"But I think she's really nice," Sean joined in. I turned to him at the backseat. "She looked so innocent and happy."

"Sean, I'm not telling that Willa's not nice. It's just that our boy here is out of his preferences this time and it alarms me. His last two exes are both fashion models that we see on print and they also do runway shows. And now is just so different. A probinsiyana comes in and then he goes crazy. Parang timang."

"Well, at least, you're not alone now. You're just easy-to-get but we all know how crazy you are about my sister." Sean smirked.

"Hey! Watch out your language, big bro! I'm not easy-to-get. Plus, the thing with Lily, she's starting to really like me now. Sure of that!" Blake answered confidently.

I was not sure if Sean saw it because he was at the backseat but Blake's eyes were brighter upon Lily's mention. The guy must had really fallen deep and hard.

"So, DM, you're a big boy now. You know what you're doing. Don't mind Blake's probinsiyana remarks about her. Fist bump." Sean and I did our fist bump.

"Thanks, pare. I don't want to rush things with Willa anyway but I feel completely great about her. Let's see what leads from here."

Blake said dramatically, "Whatever you say, Dominic Marcus. Huwag naman sanang love at first sight 'yan dahil magseselos kami ni Gori. Fist bump." He handed his fist. I balled my fist too and bumped with him. "I love you so much, bro," he added.

Sean and I laughed out loud.

《 ♡ 》

(Willa's POV)

"Akala ko po hindi niyo na ako sisiputin, eh." Kausap ko si Mang Homer sa labas ng simbahan.

Siya 'yong tricycle driver na nasakyan ko mula airport hanggang hotel kahapon na nag-iwan ng number niya sa akin para just in case may gusto akong puntahan, siya na lang ang kontratahin ko. Kaya naman tinawagan ko siya kanina bago ako magsimba para sunduin ako pagkatapos ng 8:30am Mass. Balak ko kasing mamili ng mga pasalubong ngayong araw kaya naisipan kong siya na lang ang tawagan ko tutal sigurado naman akong mabait siya.

Nahihiya siyang nagkamot ng ulo. "Saan nga po pala tayo?"

"Gusto ko po sanang bumili ng mga pasalubong pero hindi 'yong mga pagkain. Dalhin niyo na lang po ako kung saan maraming mapagpipilian pero 'yong hindi masyadong mahal, ha? Alam niyo naman Ilokana ako. Mga kuripot daw kami," biro ko.