44. The Finale

Five Years Later

The ageing process of a fine wine is very similar to being in love. Time strengthens, deepens, and enhances true love. Love meant a twitchy yet flattering, a frenetic yet pure joy, an uneasiness yet rightness. If you're with the proper person, love will change you and reveal your true worth.

Taehyung recognized that, rather than his own chest, jungkook's palm is the safest place for him to keep his heart. They have discovered a great deal about one another over the years, noting every little thing in the largest rack of their minds.
His unsightly wounds from the past had seeds, which jungkook nurtured into lovely flowers that completely covered his scars.

Whereas for Jungkook, taehyung read him like a newly written romantic poem. When Jungkook looked difficult for everyone else, taehyung unwound him so effortlessly. He loved him like a starry night,a sunset, like the first snow fall, he loved him amongst the chaos. A sturdy pillar of his life,his existence, his sanity - Kim Taehyung.

~

It was far too torturous for Jungkook to be away from home for two weeks. He initially disagreed when he learned about this business trip, but Taehyung convinced him to go by saying that two weeks will pass in the blink of an eye. Nevertheless, it didn't, but what helped were sporadic face timings and texts about what was going on at home. Jungkook has always detested travelling,but he had to.
Home is where you grow, not where you cut your wings, as Taehyung often says.

When he at last reached his house, he was elated and overjoyed. He opened the door by pressing the password without giving it any thought.

"I am hoooooome" his bunny teeth hid behind his lips when he found am empty living room. Being confused his he slowly searched the area.

"Tae..." He called out , no response.
His eyes immediately eased and crinkled when he noticed the sound of those tiny feet tapping against the floor, the teeny bundle of joy coming towards him with a banner that said

"Welcome home, dada"

Cutest chubby fingers are fighting to hold the banner in position, which covers part of the silhouette and face. His heart evaporated, turning into a pool.
He scrunched his nose and put his hand over his heart.

"Jeez, who told you to be this cute, my sugarball" jungkook kneeled infront the baby.

"Dada, my bum itchy, can i drop dis" the heartmelting voice came from behind the banner. Jungkook chuckled at the silliness.

"Ofcourse, my cupcake, give dada a hug"

Jeon Minjun flashed his milk teeth and threw himself inside his dad's strong chest

"Hmmm... Now i can finally breath. I missed you little buddy, so much" jungkook kissed his fluffy hair once, then twice and thrice.