13. Eyes Never Lie

Sometimes all the words in the world cannot express how you feel. There are times when we can't stop ourselves from feeling forbidden emotions.
But what if it's someone who hasn't let anyone near his heart in almost three years?
We can't blame Tae for experiencing such intense emotions...
He once loved someone, but he treated him like garbage. It took a lot of determination and self-motivation for him to break free from that toxic relationship. That person has broken him so badly that the shattered pieces of his heart cannot be repaired.

But running in the rain with Jungkook momentarily made him forget everything. The close proximity with the younger was also a threat to his heart. He was unaware of the reason. But he does admit that, behind that cold ceo demeanor, jungkook is literally a gem of a person.

Jungkook respected him. Sometimes the younger lashed out on him because of this marriage. But tae won't blame him, actually jungkook was the one who was actually trapped in this marriage.

Taehyung didn't want to cause him any more pain. So he decided to give his unwanted thoughts a break and do some more research on divorces...
However, he soon discovered that in order to file a divorce petition, you must have lived together for at least six months. So they have three months, 90 days, to continue living as strangers under one roof.

Taehyung sighed and went to check his email. Then his eyes widened as he noticed the unread mail. That was about a ceremony held today in an orphanage to commemorate its tenth anniversary. Taehyung regularly visited that place, where he saw children and dogs, two things that made his heart sing. Because the official knew he had recently married, the invitation was for both of them, him and Jungkook....

He wasn't sure if he should ask the younger about it...but he decided to give it a shot. He walked half-heartedly to the study and knocked....

"Hey...."

"If you want me to walk with you again, please turn around and leave...I have important things to do...shoo shoo"

Jungkook stated this while staring at his laptop screen.

Taehyung became enraged after hearing the other's blunt statement. "Nevermind."
...he turned around to walk away

"Hey oldie, spill it". jungkook said with his typical blank face

"First and foremost, I am only two years older than you, dumbass. I came to ask you a question. Today is the tenth anniversary of Little Heaven Orphanage. They invited both of us. Consider going there if you have the time. Because the children are so sweet and would be delighted to see a new face "

"No, unlike you, I have work to do...and you know I am not free. You go by yourself, and if you need anything, please contact Yoongi Hyung "

Jungkook noticed the elder's hurt expression.

Tae pressed his lips together in a tight line and left the room without saying anything.

"What did you expect, Taehyung, asking a stranger to accompany you to a charity event, especially an arrogant prick like him, fuck i'm so angry at myself for thinking he'd actually come?"

Tae was reprimanding himself while fixing his suit....
He took his phone, wallet, and car keys after finishing his hair...
When he arrived at the parking lot, he was surprised to see a jungkook leaning on his car. He smirked slightly.

"Do you have nowhere else to lean?"

"Move aside...I have to go," Taehyung said coldly.

In an instant, the younger grabbed the car keys and slid into the driver's seat... "What are you up to, Jungkook?" Tae asked angrily.