22. Fear of losing

Hi guys,
I am so glad that you liked the previous chapter. I will try my best to make this story interesting🥺 Thankyou for sparing your time for this story.
here is an another update, enjoy and vote if you like💗

**********

When the worst wave of grief hits, you need someone by your side to reassure you that you are not alone. Two men were experiencing things they had never imagined. Taehyung's loud cries faded into soft sniffs as time passed, stuffing his face deeper and deeper into that hulking chest. Jungkook was preoccupied with running his fingers through his dark brown hair. Then he slowly lifted his hands and caressed Taehyung's cheeks with his thumb as he cradled his face in them.

"Are you all right?" Jungkook inquired softly.

"Uhm...I believe so... I'm sure your legs are hurting now that I've been sitting on your lap for the past 30 minutes "his shirt crumpled, a shy smile beaming between his flushed cheeks He didn't want to get up, but he also didn't want to hurt the other. So he hesitantly tried to get off the other person's lap.

A pair of strong arms curled around his waist, and with a slight pull, he found himself back straddling the younger.

"You are as light as a feather; you do not harm me, but your tears do. So ...." Jungkook raised his sweater paws to wipe away any remaining tears.

Taehyung's heartbeat was so loud in his ears that he curled up again, unable to control himself.

"Uhm, I am sleepy, kookie," he hung his head low, unable to look at those alluring eyes.

"All right, let's get you to bed, shall we?" Tae nodded, attempting to get up, but the younger was too quick, scooping that soft boy in his well-built forelimbs.

"What are you doing, Kookie? I can walk, I'm physically fine..pl-please put me down." There he is, butterflies swarming in his stomach, lips quivering, eyes widening, heart pulsating against his chest.

"Shhh, you helped me when i was sick,right?.
So this is my turn,lemme help you" the last three words came out as a soft mumble. Taehyung couldn't process what is happening,but he hesitantly wrapped his arms around his neck.
Jungkook slowly yet carefully placed the elder on the bed and pulled the duvet upto his neck.

For a brief moment, both men were lost in each other's eyes. Suddenly, the younger regained control...

"Just don't overthink it. Whatever that scumbag is attempting to do to you, he must first pass through me. Is that all right?"

Tae nodded in response to these words of comfort.
He soon fell into a deep sleep. Jungkook smiled at that sleeping face before sweeping those fringes away from his head.

×========×

The next few days were uneventful. There was no sign of Park Hyunsik. Jungkook was lost in his video game one Sunday until he heard Taehyung's squeaking excited voice.

"Oh my God, you're in Seoul?.... You should come here.

Come see me, Hyung.

No excuses, I've been wanting to see you for a long time.

I'm finished talking, I'm going to make lunch, and you're coming to see me...."

Even though Jungkook couldn't hear the other person, he was certain that Taehyung was very excited to meet that person. He tried to figure out who that could be, but he couldn't...

"Choi Wooshik, my cousin, is coming over... Uhm, I'm going to make lunch; do you need anything special to eat?"

"Uh, no, I'm fine with anything," Jungkook said blandly.
He was oddly intrigued to see his husband's cousin.