39. Bittersweet

"Tae, as I've told you a thousand times, I can't come to your parents' house today because I have an important meeting," Jungkook explained as he arranged his bed.

"Kook, everyone will be there, and it's my mom's birthday today; you should be there too" Tae said, taking Jungkook's hand in his.

"Baby, I'm sick of saying it by now, but I can't postpone this meeting; I'm the fucking CEO," jungkook said, his voice rising slightly.

"It's always been like this. Your company is your priority. You've avoided a lot of situations by using this as an excuse." Taehyung expressed his disappointment.

"You just don't understand, Taehyung; I can't spend my entire day knocking sense into your head." Jungkook pinched his nose.

"I'm not sure what your deal is. It's been one month since you began avoiding me and acting as if you don't give a fuck about my existence. You're always late, you eat little, kook will you look at yourself? You're exhausted as fuck. Please prioritise your health; you need rest." Taehyung became agitated.

"Hell, I'm tired because I'm not sitting at home stroking some colours on a canvas like you do, I have a fucking company to run," Jungkook said casually.

"What exactly did you just say? I can't believe you just fucking degraded my job." Tae was fuming in anger

"Will you ever learn to shut up? I'm sick of it."
Jungkook screamed, not realising what he had said.
Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, but tears clouded his vision, and he felt a pang in his heart. When Jungkook saw his husband, he realised what he had just said. His entire demeanour changed in an instant, reality slammed into him like a freight train, his own eyes welling up with tears.

"No, baby no... I didn't mean that," Jungkook rushed to hug Taehyung, but he pushed him away.

"Stay -away, Jungkook," he said between wiped his eyes and went to his room.

Jungkook tried to follow him, but Taehyung shut the door.Even if it was just a slip of the tongue, he knew what he did was wrong. That is something he should not have said. He ran his fingers through his hair and tightly shut his eyes.

"I will make it up to you baby" he whispered.

His phone vibrated, indicating that he had received a new message from Yoongi.

Yoongi: Kook, hurry up, the meeting is in 30 minutes. We've already arrived. You know what will happen if we don't get this offer.

Jungkook read the text before slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Fuck," he mumbled as he grabbed all the important files and ran out of his room, sighed as he stared at Taehyung's closed door.

"See you later, love," he muttered, knowing that angry Taehyung was not easy to deal with, so he made up his mind and hesitantly walked away.

~

"Yoongi hyung, i have to go to taehyung's mother's birthday party in the evening " jungkook asked in expectation

We can't reschedule, Kook. You understand how crucial this day is. We've been working like crazy on this project for a month. If we get this, we will be able to expand into every developed country on the planet. It is one of your dreams "With a solemn expression, he stated.

"I know hyung. However, working on this project has transformed me into someone I am not and never want to be. I've been avoiding my husband for a while now. We haven't been on a date in a long time. All of this work is killing me. I lost my appetite. And for the first time in my memory, I yelled at him today. I told him I was tired of hearing his voice. What the fuck happened to me? How can I ever get tired of hearing his sweet voice? He is, in fact, the only person who keeps me sane. He is my rock. I love him beyond all else, Hyung. Still, I said it. Even if I'm racing against the clock to meet all of the deadlines and do everything possible to make this project a success, deep down I long to be in his arms. He is my safe haven. Today, I made him cry. I hurt him badly."