16. Cheers to stares

Everyone experiences vulnerable moments in their lives. Choosing someone with whom to share your pain and vulnerabilities is a difficult task.
However, Jungkook discovered that person in Kim Taehyung, who became his one in a million. Someone to whom he can reveal his most shattered self.
During his father's recovery, Taehyung was a steadfast pillar of support beside him.
When the younger broke down in a pool of tears, a strong yet soft pair of arms was always there to comfort him. The elder used to whisper sweet things into the young male's ears, which fascinated him and helped to calm his weeping heart.
This went on for two weeks. Mr. Jeon was nearly recovered, and despite his inability to walk properly, the people around him were so caring and supportive.

Tae spent the entire evening working on his paintings. He had this vivid image in his head, but he couldn't draw it exactly. As a result, that particular painting took hours to complete. Exhausted must be an understatement to describe his current state. He extended his arms.

"Ughh, I'm so tired right now," he grumbled to himself as he made his way to the kitchen to make some coffee. Then he heard the front door open, which caused him to stop making coffee for a moment, but he resumed once he realized it was Jungkook's return time....

"Kook, do you need some coffee? I'm making one right now and---" he turned to face the younger. But what he saw in front of him caught him off guard..

There stood his husband dressed in a sleek black shirt. But the surprise factor was the graden fresh beautiful flowers that he was holding.

 But the surprise factor was the graden fresh beautiful flowers that he was holding

{Picture credits to rightful owner}

"Uhm...hi...this is for...you," jungkook giggled nervously as he extended those flowers.

"Aw...oh my god, these are so lovely, thank you." "How do you know I like flowers...and why?" His insatiable curiosity was uncontrollable.

"Come on, Tiger, why are you bombarding me with so many questions? I asked Jimin hyung to answer your first question. Then, in response to your second question, I'm not sure, I feel like you're doing so much for me and I haven't even properly thanked you yet."

"You don't have to bring me flowers for that, Jungkook; I consider you a friend, and I am more than happy to make you feel better," Taehyung said fondly.

"Nonetheless, thank you, Tae. Thank you for your help during those rough times. Stress had gotten the best of me. It was difficult for me to look at my father's face, which was strewn with multiple scars. But your words inspire me to overcome the emotional barrier... thank you."

"As you once said, you can always find a friend in me, kookie," Tae said, flashing his bread cheeks, which warmed the younger's heart.

"Let's get some chicken and soju..." Jungkook eagerly took his phone and looked at the elder for approval.

"Sounds good to me," Taehyung agreed immediately.

When the delivery boy arrived, two men were in their respective rooms. Jungkook ordered a large amount of soju and chicken.
Tae was in process of organizing the food.