BBQ Time

The next morning at the house was hectic, I woke up about 9am to head into the kitchen with Henry loading bags of burgers, ribs and sausages in the fridge. There was food and drink everywhere, even though Henry didn't drink it look like he knew how to throw a party.

"Morning my dear, we have just had all the meats delivered and we have also got some pre-made salads and pastas coming about 11. I'm really excited for today you know Liv." He had a skip in his step as he come bouncing towards me with a tea in hand and planted a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"Am glad you're looking forward to it, I am too just a bit worried about how all the kids are going to take the baby news that's all." I sipped my tea and headed out onto the deck with Henry following behind me.

The morning sun was beaming down and I lifted my head to the warmth, Henry stood behind me wrapping his arms around my stomach.

"It will be fine Liv please don't worry, if the kids get upset we will support them and I promise I will always be here for you. I love you sweetheart." He rubbed my stomach gently and rested his head on top of mine as we enjoyed the morning sun.

I stood wrapped in his arms looking out to the ocean with nerves in my belly, I do hope the kids are happy with the situation the thought of upsetting my boys would destroy me. I have dedicated my life to them and didn't want them to think this baby will make things different. I also wanted to build a good relationship with Henry's kids and didn't want them to think im stealing their Dad away. 

I got dressed in a red flowery loose fitting maxi dress with my flip flops and Henry in a linen white shirt and grey chino shorts. We stood in the kitchen as the front gate buzzed, Henry kissed me hand then headed to let everyone in.

The house was buzzing with noise as the kids ran straight out onto the beach, music was playing softly in the background and Henry and I were going round everyone taking their drinks orders. About 2pm Henry put on the BBQ with food everywhere on the table on the deck, we could have easily fed an army. 

I loved seeing all the kids playing with each other on the beach, I was shocked how easily they have formed a nice friendship in a day, Aubree loved telling the boys what to do but mine were also happy to let her come up with the ideas. Sky was a bit more reserved but he got on really well with Mason.

It got to about 6pm, we were all full from the food and the kids had finally decided to come back up to the house. All the kids were sat around the fire pit as Henry looked over at me to tilt his head towards them, nerves rose in my belly as I walked over to the kids to join him and took his hand in mine.

Henry gave my hand a gentle squeeze and then started to make an announcement.

"Everyone can I just take a moment to thank you all for coming over today, most of us have only recently met but it feels like I have known you for a lifetime. Kids you have all been getting on so great we are so proud of you guys and Liv and I can't wait for us all to take on so many adventures together." He took in a deep sigh and turned to me.

"To my gorgeous Liv, you have bewitched me. I honestly can't thank you enough for loving me. That day you walked or rather bumped into me in my dressing room and I saw those beautiful green eyes look into mine, I just knew that you were going to steal my heart. I love you so much." 

We looked into each others and a lump formed in my throat. 

"I love you too Henry, so much."

He smiled at me then turned to the kids.

"So on that note we do have a little announcement, some of you already know this but Liv and I would like to tell you lovely kids that..." he took in a deep breathe as the kids all sat in silence staring at us.