An unexpected friendship

I managed to get some much needed sleep and woke about 12:30 heading down to the kitchen to get some water, it was a beautiful day and decided on a black tank top and loose fitting denim shorts pulling my hair back into a high pony.

I had a message on my phone from Henry sending his love and saying Jim would be by at 1 with some food for me, I was just about to call him when there was a knock at the door.

Looking at the time it was 12:45 assuming it was Jim early I headed towards the door and shocked when I opened it to see Kate. The smile left my face and all of a sudden I felt incredibly nervous.
"Kate, Henry isn't here." She stood on the doorstep playing with her hands.
"Actually I came to see you, can I come in?" I moved to the side and gestured her in, she came into the hallway and sharply turned to me.
"Olivia I know we didn't meet under the best circumstances, Henry doesn't know I'm here but I feel I really I needed to come and apologise, that person you met before wasn't me. I was having relationship issues and I stupidly went to Henry and I know it was wrong. I promise there is nothing there with him I just needed someone and it was silly." She cleared her throat and was staring at her feet.
"I was rude to you and I feel really bad about it. I know Henry loves you and he is happy. I have got things sorted with Ralph, coming to England really was a blip and silly move on my part. I really just want to say sorry and hope we can get to a better place."

She looked up at me and I felt so sorry for her, we have all done silly things and it must have taken a lot for her to come here.
"Kate you know no one's perfect, I've had off days where I have said and done things that were silly. Of course I forgive you and I really appreciate your apology." I smiled and closed the door.
"I was just going to make a cup of tea, would you like one?" Kate smiled and we headed into the kitchen, soon after Jim came and was shocked to see Kate and I sat in the kitchen.

Kate and I shared the chicken Alfredo he bought me and she stayed with me until about 4pm, she really such a nice woman and I am shocked to say it. She had a natural Californian beauty with long dark wavy hair, sun kissed skin and an amazing figure for her age.

We talked about our lives, her new one with Ralph and how grateful she was to Henry for being a great parent to their kids and still a good friend to her even after the divorce. I told her about the kids and Matthew saying he had a girlfriend who was coming out next week, I decided to invite her to the meal as I would rather the kids see us all united and I honestly really did like her.

After she left I decided to have a swim in the pool, I was feeling so relaxed and refreshed now couldn't wait for Henry to come home. I did about 50 laps then went for a shower, Henry had said about going out for dinner when he was home and I would love to get out and have a look round Malibu so I chose a black maxi dress  with spaghetti straps that was very low cut showing off my E cup breasts, I curled my hair and threw on some concealer over the cuts on my face with smoky eyes and mascara. I finally started to feel human again, apart from a lingering sickness feeling which was how I felt when I was carrying the boys.

I checked my phone and it was 7pm and I was all ready so I headed downstairs to put the TV on  and decided on Great British Bake Off which I found on Henry's recordings list. I got about half way through the episode when I heard the door open and close.

"HONEY IM HOME." I started to giggle and blush knowing he was back.
"In the living room my love". I muted the tv and turned to wait for him, in he came with a beautiful bunch of flowers all different shades of pink.
"Oh Henry they are gorgeous!" He placed them on the coffee table in front of me and came in for a kiss, I could tell he showered in his trailer his hair was swept back damp and he smelt sweet like vanilla and dressed in jeans with a white crew neck t shirt.
"Gorgeous flowers for a gorgeous woman." He sat back and his eyes went straight to my cleavage.

"And May I say you look absolutely gorgeous tonight, who is the lucky man." He reached out and his index finger slowly traced down my breasts and I bit my lower lip.
"Oh he is a lucky man and I'm a lucky woman." I pulled at his T-shirt pulling him in for another kiss, my tongue caressing his and I became turned on. We moved apart laying back into the sofa and Henry's hand went straight to my stomach.
"How are you feeling today? Sleep well? You look great." I blushed and placed my hand on his.
"I feel great thank you. Most human I have felt in days. We still going out for dinner I'm starving?" We both smile at each other.

"Of course my love, tables booked for 8 so I showered at work so we were all ready to go. But before we go I have a little something for you." I blushed as Henry shifted to get something out of his back pocket, it was a tiny little red box he opened it and passed it to me. Inside were beautiful Cartier studded diamond earrings, they were glistening in the light.

"Wow..... Henry they are beautiful, I can't accept them they must have cost a fortune."
He placed his hand on my thigh and I looked into his eyes.
"Liv you have changed my life, I haven't been this happy in I don't know how long. You are growing our beautiful baby and if I could give you the world I would." Tears started to well in my eyes.
"Thank you my darling. You have made me the happiest woman in the world, I love you." I lent forward and kissed him.
" I love you too Liv"
I put on the earrings and they shone in the light like crystal balls, then we headed out to Jim waiting in the car to take as to dinner. We arrived at an ocean front Italian place where Henry was automatically greeted by paparazzi, Henry took my hand and shielded me from the lights as we headed into the restaurant. We sat outside and by now there was a gentle breeze and could hear the waves crashing against rocks in the back ground. 
Henry poured me a glass of ice water and we ordered a mixture of starters from the young waitress who smiled like a Cheshire Cat every time Henry spoke to her, the tables outside all had flickering candle light with the canopy above us covered in fresh flowers.
"So Jim told me you had a little visitor at lunch today, he said the two of you were laughing and chatting, even shared lunch together. Now I was shocked but is that right and how on earth did that happen." I told Henry about Kates visit and he seemed really please she apologised and that we got on very well.

"Honestly Henry I really did enjoy my afternoon with her, I even invited her to the meal with everyone next week, I mean you're children are going to be there and my ex so I thought why can't we all be together show the kids a united front. I hope that's okay."
Henry reached over to the table and held out his hands for mine, I placed mine in his and he stroked my forehand with his thumbs.

"You are such a loving and kind woman Liv. I think it's a great idea thank you."

The rest of the evening was beautiful, we had amazing food and laughed and joked together all night unable to wipe the smiles off of our faces. I really felt like a different person with Henry, he brought out such happiness and fun in me. I can't wait for the children to come so that together we can all make some amazing memories.