Friday

Driving to the studio, I was lost in my thoughts, the familiar tunes of Kisstory fading into the background. The anticipation of dinner with Henry mingled with guilt over not fully disclosing the plans to Matthew. The weight of past mistakes hung heavy, casting a shadow over the excitement. It was a harmless dinner, not a date, but the feelings stirring within me felt like a dangerous game.

Parking at the studio, I lingered in my car, eyeing the leather weekend bag packed with care. Anxious thoughts swirled in my mind, clouding my usual self-assurance. Henry's upbeat demeanor clashed with my somber mood, the desire to flirt warring with the boundaries I had set for myself. The temptation was strong, but the consequences loomed larger in my mind.

"Hey, Miss Olivia, the car will pick us up at 7 for dinner. Is that okay with you?" Henry's voice broke through my turmoil, grounding me in the present. Struggling to meet his gaze, I forced a response, lacking my usual enthusiasm.

Concern etched on his face, Henry drew closer, his touch gentle as he lifted my chin. A rush of warmth flooded my cheeks, a mix of nerves and desire tugging at my composure. With a forced smile, I assured him of my readiness for the evening.

As I prepared in Angie's office, doubts nagged at me. The black silk dress and heels felt foreign on my body, highlighting insecurities I had buried. Despite the self-criticism, I steeled myself with a pep talk in the mirror, a final spritz of perfume boosting my confidence.

Emerging from the quiet corridors of the studio, I found Henry waiting, his casual attire contrasting with the usual on-screen persona. His compliment caught me off guard, the blush on my cheeks betraying my surprise. With a shaky response, I acknowledged his words, feeling the weight of his gaze on me.

Standing before him, I mustered a smile, his gesture of offering his arm sending a flutter of excitement through me. Embarking on this evening with Henry, uncertainty mingled with anticipation, the promise of the night ahead stirring a mix of emotions.