Episode Ten: Splatana Wiper

(Start in the lobby. HIRO walks in swinging around a Splatana Wiper. BRIDGETT, SPIDER, INKURA, and SHUMI watch.)

Spider-I think I've seen one of those before. It's called...

Hiro-The Splatana Wiper. One of my dad's greatest inventions. You can swing it to send ink flying in front of you.

(He swings the Splatana, sending a wave of ink forward.)

Hiro-Or if you hold this wire next to the handle, you can send a charged slash even further!

(He squeezes the wire against the handle and swings it upward, sending another wave of ink further than the first one.)

Hiro-And you can even use it close-up for 100% PURE MELEE ACTION!

(BRIDGETT raises her hand.)

Hiro-Yes, Bridgett?

Bridgett-Does this mean I can use it to hit people on the head?

Hiro-Yeah, if you want to get banned for three weeks.

Zaki-Only three weeks? I know a guy who beat another guy on the head with a Splat Roller, and he got arrested.

Bridgett-Only because he beat the guy to death.

Hiro-Can we not have one of your bummer facts?

Zaki-But I have so many bummer facts. Now, are you going to sign up for a battle or not?

(Cut to Mincemeat Metalworks. SHIVER and FRYE are commentating.)

Shiver-We have a Turf War going down at Mincemeat Metalworks.

Frye-Team colors are orange and teal!

(BRIDGETT, HIRO, and INKURA are orange. BRIDGETT and HIRO both have Splatana Wipers. SPIDER and SHUMI are teal.)

Hiro-Please tell me you're not going to hit people on the head with this.

Bridgett-Okay, I won't.

Shiver-Ready...

Shiver/Frye-Go!

(The players launch onto the arena. BRIDGETT swings her Splatana left and right.)

Bridgett-It makes a nice whooshing sound.

Hiro-Yeah. The whooshing sound is one of the main selling points.

(BRIDGETT jumps down onto the next ledge and does a charged slash forward. She turns left and sends a charged slash down the ramp.)

Hiro-Another cool thing you can do is slash forward and swim through the ink to charge in!

(He sends a slash down the ramp and swims through the ink.)

Bridgett-Ah!

(She jumps down the middle and sends a charged slash over one of the grates.)

Frye-I don't think the ink's gonna stick to that grate.

(BRIDGETT reloads and runs across the grate.)

Shiver-Hey, it's gonna stick to the ground below it.

(BRIDGETT sees SPIDER.)

Bridgett-I'm gonna get him.

(She charges up a slash and runs forward. SPIDER swims up a sponge. She runs forward and slashes at a kid with Dark Tetra Dualies. She misses.)

Bridgett-Dang it!

(She keeps swinging at the dualie kid. They both splat each other.)

Frye-And that's a trade-off between Bridgett and Hiro.