Episode Six: Splat Zones Anarchy

(Start on a light-rail train to Splatsville Square. SPIDER and INKURA are sitting next to each other. SPIDER sits turned away from INKURA as she ties up his tentacles. BRIDGETT sits across from them.)

Spider-I'm telling you, Inkura. It vanished right before my eyes!

Inkura-And I'm telling you, it didn't. I was right there next to you.

(She drops the tie again.)

Inkura-How do you do this every day?

(She picks up the tie.)

Inkura-And why aren't you doing it yourself?

(She begins trying to tie his tentacles again.)

Spider-Eh.

Inkura-Well, if you don't want to wear it, you can just stop.

Spider-I can't. Grandma says a topknot is a man's look.

Inkura-I'm just saying, you haven't been the same since that TARTAR guy possessed us.

Spider-That was four years ago. If something happened back then, it should have resolved itself by now.

Inkura-I don't think that's how it works, Spider.

(The train stops.)

Inkura-This is our stop. Maybe I can get this done on some solid ground.

(SPIDER takes the tie and ties up his tentacles himself as they walk off.)

Inkura-WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT EARLIER?!

(Opening theme. Cut to Hammerhead Bridge. SHIVER and FRYE are commentating.)

Shiver-We're going to Hammerhead Bridge, the quickest way to Inkopolis and the hottest new ink battle stage, for another round of Splat Zones.

Frye-The team colors are yellow and purple.

(BRIDGETT, SPIDER, and INKURA are purple. BRIDGETT has the Splattershot Jr. SHUMI and HIRO are yellow.)

Shiver-Who do you think is gonna win this one?

Frye-Purple team, probably. They've got a lot of high-turf weapons.

Shiver-Ready...

Shiver/Frye-Go!

(The players launch onto the stage. BRIDGETT runs to the zone while firing straight forward.)

Bridgett-I've never been here. Is this one zone or two zones?

(She makes it to the zone. There's a yellow girl with an Octobrush populating it with suction bombs.)

Frye-How do you even throw a suction bomb that far?

Shiver-Because of Kitana's expert suction bomb throwing, yellow has the zone first.

(BRIDGETT begins firing on the zone. Her special finishes charging. She swims into the zone and sets up her Big Bubbler, but before it can cover her, she gets splatted by SHUMI.)

Shiver-Um, what happened there?

Frye-The shield went up just a little too late.

(BRIDGETT respawns.)

Shiver-(booth) Ouch. Tough break.

(BRIDGETT super-jumps just shy of the zone.)

Frye-But on the bright side, the zone's neutral again.

(SPIDER, who's next to BRIDGETT, throws a Wave Breaker.)

Frye-That's actually smart. Spider's using a Wave Breaker to scare off the other team.