Breaking the Code ✔️

(Chapter forty-three)

"We're giving him all of it?" Emily questioned. We were in school. "$2,000 is a lot of money!"

"Emily, if he can finally tell me who 'A' is, I would hand over a million." Spencer exclaimed.

"Yeah, and not ask for change." Aria added.

"How'd you get the money so fast?" I asked, suspicious.

"What? Um, I have a relative." Spencer stuttered. I narrowed my eyes.

"Which one?"

"I promised that I wouldn't say." Spencer said. Spencer is smart, but also a shitty liar, and I have one person in mind who could've given her the money. I'll ask her later.

"What time did Jonah say to meet him?" Emily asked.

"Six, but,uhm, not all of us are gonna go. It's just me and Spencer, so we'll meet up with you afterwards." Aria said. What?

"Why just you two?" Hanna asked.

"Because I'm the face that he knows, and she's the bank." Aria replied.

"If we crowd him, he's gonna think something's up." Spencer said.

"Something is up. We're finally gonna find out who's been torturing us since Ali's funeral, and, hello, I kind of wanna be there for that." Emily argued. I kind of felt hurt.

"Volume!" Spencer warned.

"Hey, ladies!" Mona said, walking up to us.

"Hey." We all replied unenthusiastic.

"Okay. Um, Hanna can I borrow you for a sec?" She asked as they walked further away from us.

*****

"Hey, can we talk?" I asked Spencer, she nodded and we went to an empty classroom.

"Who gave you that money? And don't give my that 'one of my family member' bullshit." I claimed.

"It was a family member!" Spencer stated. "He asked me not to say."

"He? Spencer the only men in your family is your dad, your grand dad who you hate and..." I trailed off as I thought about anyone else who could be, and then it hit me.

"Spencer, please tell me you did not ask for money from Jason!" I hissed.

"He wanted to help." Spenced said.