Save The Date ✔️

(Chapter thirty)

(Chapter thirty)

"So it was just the two of you, sitting in Garrett's car?" Hanna asked. We were sitting in Spencer's car.

"I didn't know where else to meet him. It wasn't like I could ask him that stuff down at the precinct." Spencer replied.

"How did you get away from him?" I asked.

"When you sent me that text, I told him it was from my mom. She wanted me home asap." Spencer answered. "Am I still shaking? I'm still shaking."

"Yeah,we're all shaking. Can you turn on the heat? You could make a slushy back here." Hanna said.

"Guys, why would Jenna give him that lantern?" Aria asked.

"You don't know that she gave it to him." Hanna said.

"What do you think, he bought it at the blind artists' crafts fair?" I sassed. "Of course she gave it to him. The question is, when did they become buddies? And why?"

"Kate, they grew up across the street from each other. His parents still live in that house. Maybe he's just bringing raw meat to Jenna's cat." Hanna said.

"Toby lives there too, and they don't have a cat." Spencer piped in.

"Then maybe he was bringing over raw meat for Jenna." Hanna deadpanned.

"Here comes Em." Aria said.

"Who's living in her house now?" Spencer asked.

"Some loser who can't figure out the alarm system. They've tripped it like three times. The security company keeps calling her mom in Texas." Hanna replied.

"Everything okay?" Spencer asked as Emily got in the car.

"Yeah, it's fine." Emily said. "It's just so weird to walk in there and see other people's stuff."

"Hey, why don't you tell them to lay off the alarm for a couple of days?" Hanna asked.

"I'm guessing they don't feel safe." Emily said.

"Well, they will now." Hanna commented. "I'm sure the twin's parents are gonna have Mike on lockdown till he turns 18."

"You did not just say that, Hanna." Aria said getting pissed.

"What? I'm not judging. I'm just guessing that your little brother will find another hobby besides breaking and entering." Hanna continued.

"Still talking." I snarked.

"Guys, look we don't know what's going on with our brother. If we knew, you would know." Aria said.

"Emily? Isn't that Garrett's car?" Spencer asked as we saw a car pull up to Jenna's house.

"I think it is." Emily replied.

"Where is he going?"

"To his parents', I guess." Emily said as we watched Garrett walk into Jenna's house.