Through Many Dangers, Toils and Snares✔️

(Chapter thirty-six)

1 month later

Community service is not fun. All of us has been picking up litter for a month now.

And that's what we're doing right now.

"Only an hour and thirty minutes to go." Hanna said.

"It's more like two hours, but who's counting?" Aria sassed.

"How many hours you got left?" I heard a random girl ask an other one.

"Six months."

"Sure, but your momma's not a big-shot lawyer, getting you and your pals community service for tampering with evidence."

"I though you said they killed somebody."

"That's what the cops think, but the cops can't prove it."

"Cops are stupid."

"We didn't do anything!" Emily pipped in.

"Don't talk to them." Spencer warned.

"I'll talk to anybody I want to." Emily exclaimed.

"No,you won't."

"And who's gonna stop me?" Emily challenged.

"Both of you just shut up. I don't want to hear it anymore." I told them.

"Did you at least think about my idea?" Emily asked Spencer.

"It was a bad idea when they arrested us, it's a bad idea now."

"We finally have something solid. Why won't you use it?"

"Because you can't make a deal with a rattlesnake." Spencer said.

"You can if you have something the rattlesnake wants."

"Can we stop talking about snakes?" Hanna asked.

"Listen to me. We're not going to be making any kind of deal with 'A'. That's final."

"Maybe for you. The rest of us don't have lawyers for parents." Emily said.

"Meaning what?" Spencer asked.

"Meaning your mom may have gotten us a deal, but if they ever figure out a way to charge us for killing Ali, she'll throw the rest of us under the bus to save you. And you'd let her." Emily exclaimed, and Spencer had enough. She threw the trash bag at Emily, and everything that was inside it landed on her.

Emily then charged at Spencer and they started pushing each other, then they fall to the ground and continued there.

"You guys, stop!" We tried stopping them.

The two officers who were supervising us ran over and seperated the two.

*****