Let the Water Hold Me Down ✔️

(Chapter thirty-eight)

"Here's some aspirin." I said as I handed Hanna a pill. We were in the Hastings' house, Hanna was wrapped up in a blanket sitting in front of the fireplace.

"You want me to make you some soup?"

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry." Hanna replied.

"Here's your bag. I think Caleb called. Your phone was making noise." Emily said, handing Hanna her bag.

"Han? Now, I know that you might not be ready to talk about this, but the Sheriff said that they're gonna drag the lake first thing in the morning." Spencer said.

"Lucas isn't in the lake." Hanna stated.

"He didn't come up to shore. We waited." I exclaimed.

"He knows how to swim, alright?" Hanna snapped. "He's out there somewhere. I can feel it."

"I still can't believe that Lucas would help 'A'." Aria said.

"Why not? Jenna did the same thing with Caleb." I said.

" 'A' knows Lucas is close to Hanna." Emily said.

"No, I get it, I just... don't really see Lucas as being that violent." Aria said. She's got a point.

"He can be. Lucas was the one who destroyed Alison's memorial." Hanna let out. "I found out the night I got out of the hospital."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Told me to keep a secret."

"Why?"

"To protect him. He's been through a lot. Alison really tortured him." Hanna said. Who didn't Alison torture?

"Maybe it's time to start protecting you." Spencer said. Agreed.

"I have a headache." Hanna said as she put the pill in her mouth before reaching into her bag for a bottle of water, she opened it and without looking she took a sip.

"Hanna don't drink that!" Emily yelled.

"That's lake water." Aria said.

"Too late." Hanna scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"How did that get in there?"

"The bag was outside in the car." I exclaimed.

"But all of us were in here." Aria said.