The Devil You Know ✔

A/n: i changed a few small things in the first chapter (the pilot) so i would recommend reading it again!

(Chapter twenty seven)

"Is it a suicide note or a confession?" Aria asked. We were staring at a picture of the note that was next to Ian,at school.

"It's both." I exclaimed.

"Emily, how do you have this?" Aria asked.

"I sent it to her." Hanna said. "I took a picture with my phone before we called the cops."

"It's weird. Why would Ian kill himself just as he was about to skip town with Melissa?" Emily questioned.

"Maybe he realized he was gonna get caught. He couldn't hide forever, even with Melissa's and Wren's help." Spencer responded.

"He was probably desperate." I said.

"Look, who cares why Ian did it? The important thing is, Ali's killer is dead and we're no longer people of interest." Hanna said.

"Why am I not feeling relieved right now?" Emily asked. I'm feeling pretty damn good right now if you ask me. Finally that creep is dead.

"Em,come on. For months, we've been about as welcome in this town as a cold sore, and plus, now people know that we've been telling the truth. And Ian is out of our lives for good." Aria said. I agree.

"Yeah... but 'A' isn't." Emily pressed.

"Can we just please slay one dragon at a time?" Spencer asked, and then she quickly turned of the tablet. Garret came up to our table.

"Hey,what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I just came to return some evidence we took from the field hockey office." He answered. "Hey,look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you all had to be the ones who found him."

"Melissa's the one who found him." Spencer said.

"I'm sorry. Then again, could have been worse." Garret said.

"What do you mean?" Aria asked.

"Bodies decay. He'd been dead at least a week. Give my best to your family." Garret replied and walked away. What? Then who sent those texts to Melissa?

"A week?" Hanna questioned. "No,that's impossible. He was texting Melissa."

"No he wasn't. I'm betting it was 'A'. "Emily said.