Chapter 59: High Priced Casino Biddings

De Luca:

I sat there waiting for them to bring out the safe.

"What're we here for?" Lucky asked quietly.
"They found the third safe. It's being auctioned."
"Why...?"
"Hide it."
"Oh..."

This shit was boring.

"What did you and my dad talk about?"
"He told me to give you a raise." I replied.
She laughed quietly. "That sounds like him."
"Your father is...very Italian. He seems like he and my uncle would get along."
"Yea..."

Her family is nice but if I have to fake a smile for longer than ten seconds again I'm gonna lose my fuckin' mind.
I don't even know why I did it.
I know if they ain't like me, they would've told her.
That would've started new problems that I don't feel like dealin' with.
And like I said...I've grown fond of her. I don't like her bein' disappointed, especially not by me.

"I'm gonna go find the restroom, I'll be back." she stated and stood up.

I watched her walk off.

Her seat was taken.

I looked at her mother who had recently moved closer.

"Marco, was it?" she asked.
"Yes."
"You seem like a nice man. Hopefully, I don't have to worry too much, but my daughter really likes you. She really does and she is the sweetest angel on the planet and you seem kind of rough around the edges."
Do I?
"I know you two are more than just boss and employee, and it's not my job to care about your statuses, it's my job to make sure she doesn't get hurt." She looked at me. "I just want to say that her last relationship was with someone who didn't make her feel like more than an object. He was nonchalant, like I know you are because she told me, and he treated her like she didn't matter unless it had something to do with her body. I don't want her going through that again. Do you understand?"
"Yes, ma'am." I replied.
"Please do not disappoint her. I know she won't disappoint you." She pat my hand a couple of times before moving back to her original seat.

Everyday I regret that I didn't kill that Clinton asshole.
It stresses me out to wonder if I make her feel like I only want her for her body.

I don't know why I want her.
I just know that ain't it.

I looked to the side and saw her father holding up his paddle.
I looked at the stage.
It was for a bag of golf clubs owned by some guy.

Lucky came back.
"This place is a maze." she stated.
She looked at me. "Hi." She smiled.
"Hi." I replied.
"I think you look very handsome in a tie." she said and adjusted it to lay neater.
"Feel like I'm wearin' a leash."
She giggled. "You're so dramatic."
I looked at her smile while she fixed it how she wanted.
"There." She sat back in her seat.

I leaned and kissed her cheek a few times.
She looked at me. "You're not supposed to do that, it's pda," she stated but was smiling faintly.
I didn't respond but I also didn't care. I'd make out with her if I didn't think I'd make her uncomfortable since her parents were right there.

"Is that it?" she asked and I looked back at the stage.

They were rolling the safe out.

"Here we have a mystery safe loaded and previously owned by one of the largest tycoons to have ever stepped foot in Vegas. Mattia Moretti."
I heard the crowd 'ooo'.
"Can we start the bidding at 75 thousand?" he asked and I lifted my paddle.

"75 thousand. Can I hear 80? 80. Going on 85."
I didn't expect so many people to want it. But it was owned by a rich asshole so they're probably assumin' whatever's inside it is valuable beyond measure.
"95 can I hear 100?"
"200!" somebody shouted.
That voice makes me violent.
"200! Can I hear 250?!" the auctioneer called.
I raised my paddle.
"250, can we get 300?"
"500 thousand!" Caio yelled.
"500 thousand! Can I hear 550?"