F o r t y F i v e

Irene felt the tension of all the girls with each other

Irene felt the tension of all the girls with each other. Irene felt sick to her stomach at the thought of just stepping up on stage again. Her hands started to tremble slightly as she stood up from the sitting audience. Her legs felt as if they would give out at any moment for her to embarrass herself. She stepped through the people from her class with Mira, Yui and Zoe. She felt like falling down and giving up, but she knew the others wanted to have a good schedule tomorrow.

"Good luck. Don't be worried. This stage is a lot smaller than our last one." Duke quietly whispered and put a hand on Irene's shoulder. He has grown accustomed to see Irene's facial features and her behavior well enough to know how she was feeling. She had the same look on her face as she did before they were performing. Just by the slight fidgeting of her hands.

"Thanks." She smiled and took the mic from his outstretched hand. She stepped up the 3 small steps onto the wooden plank stage. She got up with her friends and heard the audience of other departments start talking to one another and mumbling.

"Look. Its Irene."
"They're the prettiest group I've ever seen."
"Look at their outfits."

Irene slightly flinched at the introduction beats started. Irene froze for a moment and looked out at the sew of beige and black. She could only pick out the members of burn knuckles since they were the only ones wearing grey. In the back of the audience were her two friends of burn knuckle. Vasco and Jace smiled at her once they made eye contact. Jace gave her a thumbs up and smiled with his pearly teeth and Vasco just stared at her with his happy little excited smile Irene couldn't help, but smile at.

Irene started singing to the song with the girls dancing behind her. Irene sang the chorus with each high note on point and danced elegantly. The dance was easier for her, since she had to sing most of it. They had the visuals, Irene's vocals, good dance since it was easy moves and good stage presence. Irene did Sieun, her favorite members, high note and went up in pitch 3 levels higher.

Everyone was in shock was the smiled and stepped to the back to do her whistle note. She finished off perfectly with her friends in an ending pose. She smiled at the crowd as they went quiet for a moment and cheered loudly. They clapped and cheered for the small group. Irene felt that rush of pride and warmth bloom into her chest once again. The people, who didn't really like her and know her were even impressed with her vocals and visuals. Mira and the girls smiled and bowed together as a thank you for watching.

The rush was too much. It made her smile until her cheekbones ached. She was so happy to see people liking her performance.

***

After dinner Irene started away from the cafeteria. The food was pretty bad, but Irene was thankful that they were feeding them. She was exhausted after singing, playing games and being around so many people. She was ready to go lay down back at the dorm and lay down for a little while. She was kind of excited to watch some of her favorite reality shows too. They also had a curfew to watch for too.