T h i r t y F i v e *

3,226

    Irene blinked her eyes awake. Her body was warm and tightly snug in a hospital bed. Her arm was stinging painfully, but it was bearable.

The room was white and bare. The walls and cabinets were spotless. The sun rays were streaming onto her body with lines stretching across her body from opened blinds. She looked to see the tall buildings outside standing outside the window.

She was at the Seoul hospital. She remembered them telling her the best option and ther only way they would be able to fix her arm before it heals broken would be going under the knife.

She felt her heart quicken at the thought of all the medical expenses. She didnt know much about hospitals and billing since she never went, but she wanted to get out. She couldnt imagine the amount of money that would rack up on her. She wanted to fold on herself.

"Hey."

Irene jumped and looked over to the bedside next to her. She instantly felt her heart drop. It was the man with terrifying eyes from before. The one that punched Vasco and beat her brother down.

He sat in an all black and suit with a white under shirt. His hair was gelled back and he wore his glasses. He sat in a chair with his ankle resting on his other legs knee. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared ahead. In front of him was a man laying down. He was bandaged up with bandages enveloping all around his face like a cocoon.

"Hello." She sat up and nodded to him. She averted her eyes to her legs extended straight under the white thin sheets. She could barely look at him without feeling her body crunch up into itself.

    "You, you're that girl from the auction, correct?" He peaked a night colored eyebrow at her.

    "Yeah." She glanced back up for a moment to answer him in the eye. She felt the sudden weight of his gaze boring into her head. The air felt unbearably tense.

    "How old are you?" He asked suddenly.

    "Seventeen." She answered and glanced back up to see him shift his ankle to the ground and lean forward. He pressed his elbows on his thighs and spread his legs. He loosely intertwined his fingers together in the middle of his legs and watched her through his glasses. He cocked his eyebrows at her as a strand of gelled hair hung in front of his forehead.

    His pure intimidation made her feel smaller than she ever had around a man.

    "How'd you get in here?" He asked, blankly.

    "I broke my arm." She answered quickly. She started to pat around for her phone to text someone. She pressured her brother to go to school and simply come back after her surgery when he could. She sighed with relief once she saw her phone and bag propped on the window seat. She lifted the sheets off her legs to reveal her bruised legs and her bandaged white wraps around her knee's.

    "HOw'd you manage to get all that?" He asked, curiously. He watched her sigh and move her legs over the side of the bed. He watched her pull her hair over one shoulder to reveal some bruising on her neck under her ear. Her eye was pink with the socket a purple and blue discolored area.

    From her injuries around her hand, legs, neck, eye and arm he knew well that that wasnt just a normal thing. She was caught in a fight. He knew that better than anyone.

    "I fell down the stairs." She answered with a small, nervous smile and stood up to the seat. She pulled a black bag up to her and unzipped it.

    She was happy to find a change of clothes in there and her phone. She grabbed her phone first and tried turning it on only to see it was dead. She was annoyed to see the crack across her phone caused from last night.