F o u r t e e n

"Where are we going?" Irene quietly whispered

"Where are we going?" Irene quietly whispered. Daniel was huffing and carrying his new body on his back. Irene was pretty impressed he was able to carry almost 200 pounds on his back in the cold, dark city. They willingly followed Zack somewhere.

Zack stumbled around with his slurring words. Doo and the other two stuck around Zack and they were tipsy themselves. Irene had her hand on old Daniel's back to make sure he didn't fall and Daniel was busy holding his body. Irene watched as Zack stumbled over to a building with bright white lights seeping through the windows. 'Arcade' signs were posted on the outside of the bright store.

"Why're we at an arcade?" Irene quietly whispered.

"I don't know. He's really weird when he's drunk." Daniel mumbled. Irene and Daniel stayed a little back as Zack walked over to the punching machine. They both looked at each other, worriedly.

"Watch closely." Zack grinned back at the two.

"Man, i haven't done this in ages." He mumbled under his breath as his friends hyped him up and told him to hit it. The others bickered among themselves who got the higher highest score and said they hurt their wrists and were in casts, but Irene probably wasn't supposed to hear that.

"Piggy—" Zack called to get little Daniel's attention. Both snapped their necks over to Zack as big Daniel's body started to slip off his back. Irene grabbed his arm and hung it over her shoulder, but she was almost immediately taken down by the heavy body. She was not expecting for him to be that heavy if it was only half his weight. Half his weight was the same amount of her own body weight.

"Pay attention. Look closely." He ordered and got into stance. Zack was in a fighting position with his feet parted and fists raised in front of his face. He looked really experienced just by his stance and then he began to explain.

"Guard your cheek with your arm like this." He put his fist a few inches away from his cheek. "Your stance is wider than your shoulders. Bring in your arms parallel. Centered over your butt. This is the basic posture." He said and looked fierce. Irene and Daniel looked down at each other in confusion.

"Put your weight in order of pelvis—shoulders—fist. Then push your shoulder out first and stretch out your arm." He spun around and slammed his fist into the red punching back. Irene and Daniel's jaws dropped at the score. The numbers kept climbing and climbing past 500 to 600 to 700 to 892. The bell on the arcade rung loudly in a celebration tone.

"That is a straight." Zack said and looked back over his shoulder at them with his fist clenched.

"Wow! New record!"