S i x t y

"Thanks." She smiled. He nodded and slipped on his outdoor slides. He followed right behind her as they walked onto the cool, dark street. The sunset was causing blankets of ombre in the sky. The clouds caused deep red streaks against the vibrant orange, pink and purple sky. It was light enough just for the street lights not to turn on yet for another 20-30 minutes of so. Irene smiled as she walked down the road, admiring the beautiful sunset.

    "Will you be okay at the store by yourself tonight?" Irene asked, worry was painted onto her face. Daniel noticed her new make up and it really did highlight her sharp, angelic features.

    "I'll be fine. The boss said he'd give you the money if you came to work or not." Daniel said in an annoyed tone from her asking every night.

    "I'm just worried, Daniel." Irene said, widening her eyes and shaking her head at him.

    "I dont know why you keep asking though. Im always fine." Daniel said confidently.

    "Do you remember when Zack, Doo and Logan beat you—"

    "Irene! Just go with your friends and dont worry!" He yelled at her.

    "Okay, okay." She rolled her eyes and glared at him. He sighed at their constant sibling rivalry and the two separated at the bus stop. Irene sat on the bench for 5 minutes until the bus got here and even then Daniel asked if he wanted to go with her on the 10 minute ride, but she didn't want to burden him anymore. She was already taking money for the tickets and she felt bad that he was going to the store while she was having fun with her friends.

    She sat at the front of the bus, thinking about the possibilities that could happen. She wanted to be close to the doors and by the bus driver for her own safety. The bus was quiet with a few families and groups of teenagers or the duos were out at this time. And every man stared at the back of Irene's brown hair and white ribbon. Her hair was sleek with the small butterfly clips in her hair and she made the bus driver smell simply with her honey like smell.

    "Thank you for the ride." Irene smiled and stepped off the bus to the strip of stores lined on the side of the road. She stepped down into the darker road. The road was darker with more colors of purple, dark orange and red. She checked her location and saw she needed to walk down a few blocks and she would get to the parking lot of the cinema and from there she would meet her friends.

    Mira: I just got to the cinema. How far are you guys?
    Irene: I just got off the bus stop. Ill be there in 3-6 minutes or so.
    Zoe: Im almost there. My mommy is driving me.
    Yui: me too
    Irene picked up her pace and got to see by the river there was a large mass of people sitting down in the grass with their blankets and food sitting and a small wooden stage with a girl sitting atop. She had a microphone in front of her and her legs were crossed as she sang into the mic. She played the guitar as she sang to a BTS cover of 134340. She was really good too and elegant with her white cropped sweater and jeans. Around the stage there were small fairy lights and fairy lights in jars scattered through the small field.

    Irene crossed over the street and saw some flyers with the pretty girl's face on the front. She sang while everyone talked to one another and listened to her in the background. It looked like a really sweet spot for dates with friends of couples. Many women with their man's arms wrapped around them. Irene was jealous of the couples, but really as she looked at this all she was unsure. She knew she wanted to have a date here with her future boyfriend, but she wanted both Vasco and Gun to come here with her.

There was a show not far away and she really did want to come. Gun didnt run in her kind of social circle and he was a senior and Vasco seemed more closed off now days. She sighed and walked away with her head down and her earbuds in. She played Illella, Starry Night and Run2u before getting to the parking lot of the cinema. As excited as she was, her mind whirled. She was starting to feel a little nervous for Gun's party. In order to have fun though, she needed to live in the moment for a second.