S i x

"Ms

    "Ms.Park, please don't be late again." The teacher said as Irene opened the door ten minutes later after the bell. She must've been the stupidest looking person ever as she walked in with slightly red cheeks.

    "Sorry, it wont happen again." She apologized and dipped her head in an apology to the teacher for interrupting his class.

    "Where were you?" Daniel asked as she passed him.

    "I got lost." She mumbled quietly. He smiled, swooning the hearts of their classmates.

    The day continued along, normally.more classes, learning, talking, class clowns, groups of friends. Then the time came around for lunch. Irene was excited to eat with her brother for the first time of this high school year. She was hoping they would have some good food, but she wasn't expecting much.

    Lunch was always terrible at her last school. Thats why she started staying outside with Jules and eating on the bleachers. Logan was always out looking for her and his friends would pick on Jules. Now she didnt have Jules, but her brother. He was already a magnet though,

    "Come on." Irene mumbled to her brother. Daniel stood up, towering over her. He seemed so graceful and light compared to his old body, where he was clumsy and slow.

    They walked down the halls together with Zoe following on Daniel's other side. Irene was certain there was a small mob following behind them from the amount of whispering she heard.

    Well she was right.

    Irene put on her headphones and blasted Nayeon's new album. She wondered secretly if she would get to see Vasco. She felt awkward for thinking about him hours after their one or two minute interaction. Maybe it was simply because he didn't say anything to her about her body or because he was the first guy to step in on her side rather than side with the guys and join in.

    She shook her head an d pulled her headphones down when they went to the lunch line together.

    "You should eat." Daniel mumbled to her.

    "Okay." She agreed. She couldn't lie that she was slightly hungry. She had a very small appetite and didn't really crave anything. She ate small portions of her food only because she was scared she was taking up money from their mom if she would buy.

    "Daniel, what kind of side dishes do you like?" Zoe smiled, spacing out into his beautiful face, but he wasn't listening to her. He was too happy that he was getting food for himself and not others. That this was his and only his lunch.

    Irene hated that they went to go sit in a table that was once empty and now there were girls covering and fighting over spots. Irene glared at her brother to get his attention. He knew what she was thinking since she was shoulder to shoulder with two girls sitting in one spot next to her. He felt kind of bad for her.