Chapter 90

Ye Chen felt really ashamed. He said, “H…How could that be…”

Once he uttered them out, Gu Xi felt that he was a fool for blurting out toxic words out of habit. He even responded to his own words, that was truly too stupid of him.

Gu Xi didn’t feel like ridiculing Ye Chen anymore. He went inside the room and looked around. “Where’s Ren Jing?”

Ye Chen replied, “He has gone to work!”

Gu Xi understood instantly. “You slept until now?”

Ye Chen

scratched his head

in embarrassment.

Gu Xi felt resentful towards Ye Chen for failing to meet his expectations. “You didn’t let him do as he pleases in the early morning, did you?”

Ye Chen gave a hollow laugh. “I didn’t…” In fact, it was him who had seduced Ren Jing.

Gu Xi still felt resentful. “I thought Ren Jing is a reasonable person, but turns out he’s the inconsiderate one!”

His words had really accused Ren Jing wrongly. Ye Chen couldn’t help but say, “He’s always very thoughtful.”

Gu Xi glanced at him. “Are you saying that on his behalf?”

Ye Chen, “…”

Gu Xi was enraged. “

A married son is like spilt water

. The ancestors’ words truly didn’t deceive me!”

Ye Chen knew that he was in the wrong, but Gu Xi’s words just now were roasting him a bit too much. He said in a low voice, “That’s not really what the ancestors had said.”

Gu Xi poked him on his back.

Ye Chen instantly exclaimed in pain. His back felt so sore he nearly collapsed.

Gu Xi snorted. “You’re still young and ignorant. You’ll regret it when you’re old.”

As one who had been through a lot of experiences, his words were really…too hard to explain in a few words.

Ye Chen would definitely make fun of him if Gu Xi and Shen Jiaze had been together again, but their current status was still unknown so he didn’t dare to say much.

Gu Xi simply came to check on him. After he drank the throat-soothing tea, he clicked his tongue. “Your Ren Jing is really devoted.”

Devoted…

Ye Chen suddenly felt that his words were particularly interesting. He hurriedly stated, “He truly is. He could cook porridge and prepare dishes, he’s proficient in everything. He’s also thoughtful and considerate, I only need to stretch out my hand and he would immediately know what I want to do…”

After blabbering for a while, Ye Chen realized that he seemed to have said a bit too much.

This feeling of desperately wanting to show his husband off would actually be quite annoying for others.

Ye Chen looked embarrassed. He originally thought he would see Gu Xi’s disdainful sight, but unexpectedly, Gu Xi’s eyes were filled with the glimmer of a smile. His expression was warm and gentle.

Ye Chen was startled. A warm feeling engulfed his heart in a split second.

Gu Xi…felt happy for him.

If he was an ordinary friend, he would probably get tired of Ye Chen for being long-winded and constantly spreading sweetness all over. However, Gu Xi who wholeheartedly wished the best for him felt delighted instead. Ye Chen’s happiness would be ‘contagious’ for him, because he would also feel happy when the person he cared about was happy.