Chapter 84

If he died, Ren Jing would also die with him.

Ye Chen’s eye sockets were constantly burning hot. This feeling could not be described with words.

There was actually someone besides his parents who cared so much about him that he would go through thick and thin together with him.

How could there be such a foolish Ren Jing? How could there be such a nice Ren Jing?

Ye Chen tried to choke down his tears. “I won’t, I won’t talk about it anymore.” He wanted to tell Ren Jing about Death System and let him know that as long as Death System existed, he wouldn’t die. Even if he had died, he would be able to be revived.

But before that, there was something he would like to know better first.

They had known each other for so long, yet he didn’t seem to know much about Ren Jing.

His past, his childhood, his experiences…

Ye Chen wanted to know. He needed to know everything.

They didn’t go anywhere and only snuggled together on the soft sofa, talking about some old stories which had long since turned dusty while holding warm water in their hands.

Ren Jing said, “You’re all I have in this world.”

This wasn’t a lover’s prattle, but a fact.

He had experienced countless misfortune since he was born.

His father used to be a businessman, earning quite a lot of money. After getting rich overnight, he pursued Ren Jing’s mother crazily.

Ren Jing’s mother came from a great family. Her parents were university professors. She herself also had great future prospects, thus she completely disliked Ren Jing’s upstart father.

But Ren Jing’s father had used every possible means and ways and done whatever he could to fiercely pursue her.

People’s hearts were ever-changing. Even though Father Ren had an uncouth nature, he was tall, handsome, and generous. He also seemed to be truly infatuated with Ren Jing’s mother.

Everyone around had been completely deceived by him and become his ‘

lobbyists

’. Even Ren Jing’s grandparents were fooled by the beast in human clothing and had acquiesced to his pursuit of their daughter.

Within such circumstances, Ren Jing’s mother didn’t really have definite views of her own.

As a result, she fell into enemy hands in no time. In fact, Ren Jing’s mother didn’t much love his father. It was just that she happened to be pregnant and she felt that he wasn’t bad at all. Everyone told her: “Looking for someone who loved you won’t make you lose out”. Ren Jing’s mother gradually believed their words.

But who would have thought that Father Ren would reveal his true nature in only a few years.

He was lustful, a heavy drinker, and addicted to gamblings.

At first, Ren Jing’s mother was still persuading him patiently. He also promised her that he would change his bad habits. But gradually, the more Mother Ren persuaded him, the more annoyed he became. Later, he began to abuse her by cruelly and continuously beating her up.

Mother Ren was at the end of her patience, thinking of getting a divorce.

Father Ren unexpectedly used Mother Ren’s nude pictures to threaten her. If she dared to divorce him, he would spread her pictures everywhere in the university.