Chapter 61.2

After Ren Jing left, Ye Chen was finally free, thus he decided to slip out of the house.

Even though he had been dawdling for quite a while, the time wasn’t that late yet. Xiao Liu arrived just in time to pick him up.

They went to Yu Xingzhe’s residence. Yu Xingzhe was nagging him, “Come in now, you really took your time.”

Ye Chen felt too embarrassed to lift his head, he feared that Old Yu will notice some things he wasn’t supposed to see, such as his lips which were somehow swollen…He followed Yu Xingzhe to the house and saw the figure of someone slouching on the sofa while playing games under the dim light.

His legs were really long, thin and straight as he slouched down on the slightly compact sofa. Ye Chen unexpectedly felt a bit distressed as if he was wronged by those long legs.

But the owner himself was immensely enjoying his time. He kept his head low, having a great time playing his game.

The moment Ye Chen went inside, he immediately said, “Little Chen, wait for a moment, okay?”

Ye Chen greeted him. “Brother Xinghai.” Then he added, “It’s alright, take your time.”

Not long after, Yu Xinghai put down his cellphone and raised his head to look at Ye Chen.

He looked a bit similar to Yu Xingzhe. Both of their facial features were really delicate, but their temperaments were as different as night and day.

Yu Xingzhe had a very eye-catching appearance. On top of that, he was a big shot in the fashion circle, so he always paid great attention to what he wore. It was as if Yu Xingzhe was always in a spotlight no matter where he was, being particularly flashy.

But Yu Xinghai wasn’t like that. He looked like an ordinary man instead. He undoubtedly had a good looking face, but in contrast to Yu Xingzhe, he had an amiable and innocuous bearing.

Still, Ye Chen knew very well that a beast which hid its claws was actually the most deadly. Yu Xinghai’s world wasn’t something that ordinary people could imagine.

Yu Xinghai said, “Little Chen has grown more and more handsome.”

Ye Chen felt kind of embarrassed.

Yu Xinghai patted the free seat beside him as he said, “Come sit here.”

As soon as he heard Yu Xinghai speak, Ye Chen felt like he was back in his childhood. Yu Xinghai had taken good care of them since long ago, he was a very reliable big brother.

They made small talks, but since the time wasn’t early anymore, he didn’t want to waste more time. Yu Xinghai came straight to the point, “I’ve investigated what you asked me to check. The information is all here, you should take a look at it yourself.”

As he said so, he handed over a (paper) file to Ye Chen.

Ye Chen nodded and began to read it.

What he guessed was right. Those dusty secrets hadn’t been weathered by time. They were still standing right where they were, quietly waiting for someone to uncover them.

Ye Lan who had just left Ye Family’s house at that time had lived a very miserable life.

His father was incapable. After he left the house, he became a good-for-nothing. He only knew how to drink and be drunk all day long.

His mother was also ‘all take and no give’. All that she pursued her whole life was to get married into a rich and powerful family, but now that the child was born, her dream of becoming rich was broken into pieces.