Chapter 37

Ye Chen who slept on Ren Jing’s side was extraordinarily cute. He stuck closely to Ren Jing, his face filled with hope.

Ren Jing wasn’t sleepy at all. When he turned around to look at Ye Chen, he almost forgot to blink.

A very light knock on the door could be heard from outside. Ren Jing responded with a grunt.

As the door opened, Yang Sen walked softly inside.

Then, Yang Sen made a gesture.

The moment Ren Jing was about to get up, he found out that Ye Chen had intentionally tucked his shirt under himself……

Ren Jing smiled, then he lied down again.

If he got up, he would definitely wake Ye Chen up.

"Tell me," he said to Yang Sen with a low voice.

Yang Sen whispered, "Will I wake him up?"

Ren Jing regularly patted Ye Chen’s back as he said, "You won’t."

Yang Sen collected himself and said firmly, "I’ve checked it. There doesn’t seem to be any problem."

Ren Jing naturally knew what had happened at the hotel's entrance. Although he only saw it once, he had a good memory, especially when it came to Ye Chen.

That car had the same color as the car Xiao Liu used in Paris. Even though the car wasn't limited edition so having similar cars was normal, Ren Jing noticed the license plate number.

The car that Xiao Liu drove had a car plate number 999, but this car's plate number was 996. They could be easily distinguished when seen closeby, but when seen from afar, they could be easily mistaken, especially since the cars were very similar.

It just so happened that the car came into the hotel. Furthermore, Ye Chen was about to go downstairs around that time. As a result, something occurred to the car. Whoever the driver was, they mistook the accelerator as brake, then the car crashed and smashed into pieces.

If Ye Chen came downstairs earlier; if Ye Chen was blinded by the burning sunlight; if Ye Chen thought of that car as the one Xiao Liu drove and went to greet him……

Then… the consequences would be too hard to imagine.

Ren Jing only thought about it for a moment, but he was already plagued with fear. He clasped Ye Chen's hand and held him, then he leaned against Ye Chen again.

Yang Sen said under his breath, "What you said is true about the license plate number. The victim was the owner's driver. According to the investigation, he came to pick his boss up……"

In such a short time, that was what they could find. Looking at these aspects, it seemed to be an accident.

Ren Jing said again, "Please check the recent whereabouts of the victim as well as his recent friends. Then, let someone follow after their families to observe things for a while."

Yang Sen replied, "Alright."

Actually, Yang Sen believed that it was an accident.

They knew Ye Chen too well since they had followed Ren Jing for so many years. It felt like they were very familiar with the Ye Family.

Even though the power of Ye Family was huge, they had always been the example of honest business and good conduct.

In those days, Old man Ye was still very arrogant, but he didn't make any enemies. Later, when Ye Family broke the family up and lived apart from each other, Ye Lan went to Sin**pore and grew up there. As for Ye Chen's parents, they stayed in the mainland. Father Ye was a person with a steady character. He might not be that brave, but he was kind and honest. He would rather make less money than to extort people.