Chapter 50

After Ye Chen hung up, he quickly called Xiao Liu to come over.

Xiao Liu who had always been on standby confirmed the location with Ye Chen and rushed over immediately.

In roughly ten minutes, Ye Chen arrived at the hospital where Ren Jing was at, he was still sleeping.

Ye Chen didn't dare to barge in, he was afraid that he would disturb Ren Jing.

He asked Yang Sen, "When did the fever start?"

Yang Sen, who had been waiting for Ye Chen to come, explained the situation to him clearly.

Actually, Ren Jing was very busy all this while, especially in country F where he did not get enough sleep so as to squeeze three days' schedule into one. He also immediately went back home afterwards…

When Ye Chen slept on the plane, his sleep was considered extremely comfortable. On the other hand, Ren Jing, who already could not get much sleep, slept even less while hugging Ye Chen. However, with much difficulty, he managed to slip into an uneasy slumber.

Later, he even worked around the clock.

Even if he was a robot, with this high amount of workload, it would get tired as well.

Hearing the story, Ye Chen felt really distressed. "Why did you let him do such things?"

What could Yang Sen say? Ye Chen could only listen to him as he continued, "Even if we say anything, he would not listen to us…" said Yang Sen faintly before carrying on. "Yesterday night, he started to have a fever. I suggested that he take a rest, but he refused to stop working. He was so busy that he didn't even have lunch."

Ye Chen asked anxiously, "Why didn't he eat?"

Yang Sen said, "For the past two years, he has committed himself to eat only one meal a day."

Ye Chen was shocked. "Does he not cherish himself?"

Yang Sen said, his words implying something, "The more accomplishments one has, the more difficulties one has to go through."

Ye Chen felt so distressed he was in a total mess, wishing he could barge in to properly take care of Ren Jing.

Yang Sen deserve to be called 'The Big Brother of the young aides', not wasting this opportunity to render his help with every word and line, "Lately he has been eating his meals on time, especially when you asked to meet him, he eats extremely well."

Ye Chen's heart was both touched and aching at the same time; this feeling could not be described in words.

Ye Chen asked in a low voice, "When he fell sick, why didn't you tell me?"

Yang Sen had been waiting for Ye Chen to say this line. "I wanted to tell you, but A Jing wouldn't allow it, he said that he was afraid he might pass the cold to you."

Ye Chen, "…"

Yang Sen added, "I think he really wanted to see you. At night, he kept looking at the promotional video from your audition."

That must be the one where he confessed…

Ye Chen blushed, then embarrassingly asked, "It's done?"

Yang Sen said, "Only the part with you inside has."

Now Ye Chen understood. The promotional video couldn't have been developed this fast. With the time remaining from the week before, Ren Jing probably went straight out to copy his confession part.

All his previous wayward thoughts immediately vanished like smoke in thin air, Ye Chen only regretted not making the first move to contact Ren Jing first.