Chapter 49

Shen Jiaze and Gu Xi were being schemed by people.

Even though at that time he felt that the sky had collapsed, Gu Xi calmed down afterwards, which was a bit absurd.

Gu Xi went to ask his mother and had a few words (with her).

As expected… It was Father Gu who couldn't accept his son coming out of the closet and Shen Jiaze's grandma who cooperated in this matter.

Shen Jiaze's grandma treasured her grandchildren very much. She wouldn't let her grandchildren sleep with a girl who had no status (even if she had one, Grandma still wouldn't let them sleep together. She had a conventional outlook; if they hadn't gotten married, they were not allowed to do so).

And Shen Jiaze himself was being chugged liquor ’till he was too drunk. Could he still freaking do that even though he had been that drunk?

Later, Gu Xi investigated this matter again. At that time, Brother Xinghai was still around, he figured the problem out just by checking a few times.

Indeed, nothing had happened. Shen Jiaze was born with a 'dog nose'. Even though he had become that drunk and incapable, he still could tell that it wasn't Gu Xi who was in the room with him.

The girl was selfish, though. She thought of taking advantage of that night and was pretending that they had done it. It would be nice to be able to take this kind of opportunity. But Shen Jiaze immediately threw her out. He even cursed, "Gu Xi doesn't stink like you!"

Looking at this short video of (what happened at) the corridor, Gu Xi's heart warmed up a lot.

Now that he knew what was going on, he didn’t have to be angry with Shen Jiaze anymore. The two of them should be able to get through the pressure from their families.

Gu Xi obviously had let everything pass, he didn't even bother about the matter anymore, but Shen Jiaze suddenly began to go crazy…

"Let's go home." Gu Xi spoke. Ye Chen hurriedly collected his train of thoughts back. He asked, "How about I accompany you for a drink?"

Gu Xi glanced at Ye Chen. "With that liquor tolerance of yours?"

Ye Chen acted like a big-head. "What's with it, can't I?"

Gu Xi remarked casually, "You can, you can."

Ye Chen knew his limits, he still couldn't drink as much as Gu Xi. He said suavely, "We could do it like this. For example, if you drink three cups, I'll drink half a cup…"

"Get lost!" Gu Xi said mockingly, "Look at you, growing up a little already!"

Although his smile wasn't that deep, it wasn't as gloomy as the one from a moment ago. Ye Chen felt slightly relieved.

Ye Chen drove Gu Xi home. Once they arrived, Gu Xi said, "I'm alright. It's in the past, what's there for me to be depressed about?"

Would he really be able to get through it?

If Shen Jiaze was an ordinary slag man, Gu Xi would have thrown him out of his mind and would have completely forgotten about him, but Shen Jiaze wasn't.

He gave the most passionate first love to Gu Xi. He even lost his overbearing personality. Although…he devoted himself to Gu Xi for a whole lifetime…

But in the end, that kind of feeling ended up like that.

The truest despair wasn't a

one-stroke cut-all

, but a helpless dull pain.

It was evidently festering, but they were unable to do anything about it.