Chapter Ch63 - After Marriage...

After eating the sweets… No! It was medicine, Ye Chen thought that his temperature might have risen again.

He slowly realized, anxiously asking, “Will you get infected because of me?”

Upon asking, he began to feel very worried. In fact, Ye Chen felt like he was being insincere now. When Ren Jing caught a cold, he wouldn’t tell Ye Chen because he was afraid that he would pass it to him. But when it came to Ye Chen, he asked Ren Jing to come even though he only had a fever. He also had tried his best to make Ren Jing stay because he had to complete the mission.

What should I do if Ren Jing also catches a cold because of me?

Ye Chen was flustered. Initially, he was so anxious that his eyes were looking very sultry. Now they looked even much more beautiful after being kissed that they became hazy.

Ren Jing felt an itch inside his heart. He couldn’t help but hold Ye Chen’s hand tighter, then quietly said, “I won’t.”

“This isn’t something which will not happen just because you said that it won’t. You’re certainly going to be infected. After all, you had just recovered from the cold. It’d be better for you to return now!”

The more Ye Chen thought about it, the more inappropriate it became. Ren Jing wasn’t him, he was very busy. Even though he didn’t particularly show up in public anymore lately, he still had a lot of work to do, so of course he got his hands full with his work. If Ren Jing caught a cold again…it would be such a torment.

How could Ren Jing leave? How could he

put the cart before the horse

when the reason Ren Jing had been working so hard was the man before his eyes?

He coaxed Ye Chen without much thinking, “You said that I had just recovered from the cold. You are aware that the human body could develop immunities, right? How could I just catch another cold right away?”

After pondering over it for a while, Ye Chen thought that it truly made sense indeed.

Ren Jing continued, “Perhaps you’ve been infected by me, but it has been the incubation period for the past few days and only emerged now. If it’s the same kind of virus, my body would certainly be immune since earlier. I won’t catch the same cold anymore.”

The more Ye Chen listened to him, the more he thought that it was very reasonable!

He didn’t want Ren Jing to go, either. It was too boring being all alone at home, so it felt really nice to have Ren Jing around to accompany him. He could also earn life points in passing.

Death System cursed silently:

Fair enough, earning life points had become something ‘in passing’ now!

Ye Chen felt sleepy after taking the medicine, he had to keep fighting to keep his eyelids open. He almost fell asleep as they were watching TV. Then, Ren Jing told him, “You should get some sleep, the cold will get better soon.”

Ye Chen yawned. “Then I’ll go to sleep, you…”

Ren Jing, “I’ll go to the study room to send some mails.”

Ye Chen, “…Alright.”

Ye Chen slowly walked back into the bedroom. But after he plunged himself into the bed and wrapped his body inside the blanket, he unexpectedly couldn’t bring himself to sleep. His eyes were wide open and he was wide awake.

The Death System stated, “Your husband is so ignorant, he didn’t know that he should come in and lull you to sleep.”

Ye Chen, “…”