Chapter 77

When he saw Gu Xi approaching him at first glance, Ye Chen followed his instinct to take a step back.

Gu Xi raised his eyebrows. “What are you afraid of?”

Ye Chen, “…”

I’m afraid you’ll be fierce towards me.

He did not need to say anything, Gu Xi already knew what was on his mind.

Ye Chen had shot two movies with full preparations. Gu Xi guided him through the whole process, which had extremely worn him out.

At first, he was very patient, explaining and teaching everything to him. Afterwards, he deeply realized that God was fair. There was an absolute principle that if he opened one door, another was bound to be closed.

A Chen was good at a lot of things, but his -100 acting skill was beyond saving.

Gu Xi kept on teaching him again and again without getting much result that his irascible temper came out. It was inevitable for him to scold Ye Chen.

In the past, this boy would definitely fight back upon being scolded. Still, he had always been dedicated to his work and he had known very well that he didn’t act well. What Gu Xi said was reasonable, thus he listened to him properly.

But when he put on such a pitiful look, Father Gu couldn’t help but soften. The second he softened…he began to spoil his child again.

With how things had gone on, yep, there would be something fishy if Ye Chen’s acting skills could improve.

Gu Xi swept his eyes over the script as he said, “Come, I’ll walk you through.”

Ye Chen thought inside his heart:

I’d be fine if it’s with you, but when you left…

Gu Xi adjusted his feelings. He started to talk, “Who’s that? Introduce her to me, she’s so pretty.”

Ye Chen paused for a moment, he had yet to adjust to the mood. But the moment Gu Xi shot a meaningful glance at him, countless memories welled up in his mind with a swish. Without thinking much, he blurted out the lines, “She’s only a classmate, don’t jump into conclusions.”

Gu Xi bantered with him, “How did you know that I’m jumping into conclusions?” He used his arm to nudge Ye Chen. “Come on, isn’t there something else? I really can’t fathom it, you’re actually quite popular.”

Gu Xi’s tone and behavior instantly made Ye Chen feel a bit proud of himself. He spoke according to the script, “What about it? Am I not allowed to?” He naturally revealed the cheerfulness of a youngster as he joked around familiarly with a friend.

Director Li who was watching on the side immediately clapped his hands and cheered, “Perfect! That’s it! The feeling is just right!”

Gu Xi promptly stopped acting, then raised his eyebrows as he looked at Ye Chen. “You already know how you should act, right?”

Ye Chen, “…”

Know what?

Movie King Ren was singing Ye Chen praises, “That was excellent, you’re doing wonderful.”

Ye Chen’s face reddened. Even though he had no idea how he had acted, being praised made him feel very happy.

Gu Xi took a glance at Ren Jing and felt that Ye Chen’s acting skills might really not improve anymore for his whole life.

Director Li urged him, “Since you’ve found the right feeling, we should immediately try shooting again.”

The teen idol got his makeup fixed and came back. Then he proceeded to repeat the lines he had memorized in his mind.