Chapter 57

Ye Chen, "…"

It was really unheard of for SUN to actually resign. Everyone knew that he was a man who had been fired by President Yu for at least 365 times a year, yet hadn't been successfully fired for six years!

But he was actually entitled to resign. He was still a human, his patience had limits. He had been serving such a proud and harsh boss this whole time, so the earlier he left, the earlier his life would be spared.

Ye Chen didn't have pity on Old Yu at all. He even gloated over him a bit when he said, "Isn't this exactly what you wished for?"

Yu Xingzhe never expected that his 'heartwarming little cutie' would actually be so 'ruthless'. He went into rage the moment he stepped inside the house. "As I wished your shit! How could he leave just like that, there are still so many things I have to do. Who will take over his duties now that he's gone?"

Ye Chen chuckled. "Hahaha, haven't you always been trying to fire him every single day?"

President Yu bit the bullet and said, "It's not the same. Do you think me firing him is the same as him resigning!?"

Ye Chen, "…"

You're really going too far, Old Yu. I'm on SUN's side now.

Yu Xingzhe knew that what he said wasn't quite right, so he added, "You do know that I've always been joking, right? How could I even fire him? But now he resigned with no reason!"

Ye Chen understood that Yu Xingzhe was anxious, which was why he didn't bother with his extremely bad temper. He simply said, "Have you tried talking to him?"

Yu Xingzhe made a dejected face and said, "I immediately called him and even told him that I would give him more benefits…"

"What did he say?"

"He said that he didn't want anything, that he didn't want to be in vain anymore. He even returned the houses and cars I gave him…"

Ye Chen was shocked. "Why did he return them? Could it be that he had planned to resign since long ago?"

"No…" said Yu Xingzhe slowly. "I only know that he didn't transfer the ownership of the things I gave him. They were still under my name."

Ye Chen's eyes opened wide. "SUN is really amazing, how selfless of him…"

Ye Chen actually understood why this happened. It was just like him and Xiao Liu, they really trust each other. He also gave Xiao Liu houses and cars and so on, but he only signed for them, the other formalities were all for Xiao Liu to handle. Therefore, it was natural that Yu Xingzhe didn't know if SUN transferred the ownership of these things or not.

Yu Xingzhe was worried sick. "What should I do, what should I do now that SUN has left?"

Ye Chen helped Yu Xingzhe sort out his problem. "Have you ever thought about what the hell you've been doing lately? About how you hurt him? Also, could you please change that temper of yours? SUN has a good temper and has always tolerated you for so many years already, yet all that you did was saying that you want to fire him and not giving a crap if he got fired. Now that he is really gone, you come crying to me. You've never tasted the word 'serves you right', don't you?"

Yu Xingzhe panicked. "Who's crying!" He was all 'keeping up appearances to cover up his predicaments'.

Well, this is the old fish we're talking about.

Ye Chen, "I'll give SUN a call."

Yu Xingzhe, "Sure, sure, sure, hurry up now."

Yu Xingzhe was so noisy that Gu Xi could only sleep lightly. In the end, he woke up because of the noise.