-chapter forty-one-

WC: 622

Warning: yelling 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT!" we both yelled.

"W-What do mean get married! I don't want to get married" Matteo said "neither do I" I said "sorry but you have no choice, it's either that or we'll lose both the Slytherin and Gryffindor" his mother said.

"you got to be joking" Matteo said and they all stayed silent "mom dad please tell me it's a joke" I said hoping it is. "sorry darling it isn't" my mom said.

"This can't be real" I felt my head starting to pound "why, WHY!?" Matteo yelled "I don't get it why him" I said confused.

"if you both sit down and stay quiet we'll tell you" madeye moody said and we both glared at him "he's right you need to know why" Mr. Weasley said. He is a good family friend and part of the Gryffindor council.

"children sit down please" Lorenzo's dad asked and we did.

"All this happened when Gryffindor and Slytherin were in a war against each other" my father started "my father 'Fleamont potter' your grandpa Y/n was still king by then and wanted to end the war and find peace with Slytherin but king Voldemort Matteo's grandfather thought that my father was lying and wasn't going to give in that easily".

"my father king Voldemort wasn't the best ruler, sadly he was known to be mad, shallow, jealous he wanted Slytherin to be the best and strongest kingdom out there" king tom explained.

"Okay so what's that have to do with us?" Matteo asked annoyed "your grandfather wanted to do something that will infuriate king Fleamont so he chose the thing or should I say the person he most loved/ adored and that was his Y/n his granddaughter" "okay" we both said and queen lea continued.

"so Voldemort proposed...that Y/n will be forced to marry his grandson Matteo" she said "king Fleamont was of course taken back by that and didn't agree but after some time he saw that the people of Gryffindor were getting affected badly by the war and had to agree" my mother said.

"and that's the unbreakable vow that ended our kingdoms and the wizardly world" uncle Sirius said.

"okay I still don't get why would we lose our kingdoms if we didn't occupy" Matteo said and I nodded "while the vow was made king Fleamont added that if Matteo doesn't occupy the Slytherin kingdom will fall apart and before they could end the vox Voldemort said the same thing for Y/n and the Gryffindor kingdom" Mrs. Weasley explained.

"that's not fair" Matteo said "they had no right to do that" he said "they stole our freedom to marry the person we truly love" I say "but honey you and Matteo love each other" my mother says and we both looked at each other.

"we broke up last year" I said "I know but I'm sure you still love each other" she said "no we hate each other" I told her "I don't love him I hate him" I said and he scoffed "trust me I hate you more".

After yelling and shouting back and forth we finally realized that there is no way for us to get out of this.

There was no way I would risk my kingdom and its people and so was Matteo, he's the next Haier of the Slytherin thrown and wouldn't leave it for the world.

Matteo and I sat opposite each other and he glared at me then back at the others "when are we supposed to get married" he asked "not a month after Matteo turns 18" his father said.

"oh god that's less than a year!!"

{Vote, comment, follow}