Revenge Of The Replacements

GISELLE

Last week was absolute chaos. Even though the group dance won first place, Abby wasn't satisfied with our performances. She was really hard on the girls that left a couple of weeks ago, but that didn't mean she was all buddy-buddy with Annie and I. Maddie and Kendall performed a duet, which led to some drama between Melissa and Jill since Melissa supposedly said that she "didn't like it" or something like that. I wasn't all interested in that situation. Paige and Kenzie both performed solos; neither of them placed.

Today, when Abby walked into studio "A", she did not seem neither happy nor pleased. I already knew she was like that, but somehow, she looked even worse than in the competition.

"Well, once again, I'm not very happy." Abby began, turning over to us. "When I left that competition, everybody was gloating about how amazing you were. The big winners." She grimaced. "Nothing blew me away. I think all of you would be interested in knowing that our duet, "Sugar and Spice", did not win."

Those words caught everyone off guard.

Besides the group dance, the duet was the other first-place winning routine. What did she mean that it did not?

"It was a mathematical error, and that means that "Sugar and Spice", Maddie and Kendall, were not the overall high-score winning duet/trio," Abby explains. "So, Greensboro, North Carolina, which we thought was a smashing success, turned out to be a big let-down."

There she goes.

"I watched the group number. I saw some superb dancing, and I saw some horrendous dancing." The teacher's head turned over to a certain brunette. "Kendall, whose place did you take?"

In a small voice, Kendall answered: "Sophia's."

"Sophia's," Abby repeated. "Did you look like she would've looked doing that number?" Kendall shrugged in response. "You don't know? I'll tell ya-- no way."

I hadn't noticed Kendall tearing up until Chloe attempted to comfort her. I only noticed that when I turned over to the blonde and she wasn't there.

"Listen to me." Abby starts. "Learn this, every single one of you, when you're in here rehearsing, and you keep screwing up, you don't need me to stand there and point out every mistake." She turned around to face the mirror. "Can't you see it?"

I mean, isn't that what dance teachers are for?

As I asked myself the question, Abby revealed the bottom headshot. "Kendall, you worked your way up that pyramid, and now you're right back where you started from." Quickly, she revealed the next headshot. "Next, Maddie. All for one, one for all-- it's about the team. Kendall's there, you went with her."