Worst Birthday Party Ever!

I still wasn't allowed to talk about the job. I couldn't even ask Abby about it. Well, I could, but I was too scared to do it. Instead, I had to forget about it again just so I could focus on this week.

Abby seemed satisfied by the results last week. We weren't first place, but we beat the Candy Apples, and more specifically, Cathy. That had her on cloud nine.

"I wouldn't say it was a brilliant weekend, but I would say it was successful. We set out to beat Cathy, the Wicked Witch of the West, and that's what we did." Abby starts. "We beat her hands down in every single category. You knocked the apple tree down."

Christi clapped in response, a small smile on her face. The other moms were also smiling.

It felt good.

She then revealed the bottom headshot. "Paige. You beat Kendall. I'm thrilled with that. You made the top ten, but you need to do the choreography you were taught." Abby then turned to look at Kelly. "You got that, Kelly? You don't change Abby Lee's choreography. Come on."

As Kelly stared at her with a blank look on her face, Abby revealed the next headshot, who was yet another blonde.

"Giselle, you missed an entire turn sequence," Abby explains. "Because of that, you were fifth with your solo. Genevieve doesn't do that." She pointed at me with the ALDC logo covering. "You should be more like her."

I looked down to the floor as she continued with the pyramid.

Why is she comparing Giselle to me? Is she doing the same thing she used to do with Maddie and me?

I don't need any competition. Giselle can focus on Brooke and older dancers. I don't need to take a step back and become "Giselle's little sister".

Looking back to the pyramid, Chloe was on the top. With the confusing thoughts in my head, I couldn't bring myself to smile, but I did clap once or twice for the girl.

Chloe

Maddie    Genevieve   Nia

Brooke   Mackenzie   Giselle     Paige

"This week, we will be attending Starbound Talent Competition in Atlanta, Georgia," Abby announces. "We're gonna go to sunny skies and hot weather."

I don't get what Abby means by "hot weather". Is it good hot weather or bad hot weather?

"The last time we attended Starbound, you lost by one-tenth-of-a-point to that Wicked Witch of the West, and I have never lived it down until this weekend. The behavior by Cathy was out of control. The whole competition was a fiasco. That's not gonna happen this time, do you understand? All the numbers that we are gonna do are going to be off the charts."

I turned to look at the expressions of the other girls, who were all a little intimidated. On the other hand, Giselle was holding in her laughter.

I'm starting to think that she never takes anything seriously.

"Chloe, you have a solo this week. You will be doing a routine called "Trouble". You need to learn to use the entire stage. You need to jump higher than you've ever jumped. I want to see you larger than life on stage." Abby explains. "Maddie? We're back to work this week. You have a solo in the competition. It's in the lyrical category, and it's entitled, "Mom, It'll Never Be The Same". Now, I also have a trio. The trio is going to be Paige, Nia, and Mackenzie. The trio's entitled "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us" and I hope nothing does stop you."

There was an awkward stop right after that. Abby then decided to continue talking.

At least.

"Let's move on to the group dance. The group number, entitled "All Kids Go". We're talking about our childhood going away. We're talking about Brooke, leaving the eighth grade and going to high school. She's a teenager now. Everybody is in the group dance, except Mackenzie. The nature of the dance is a little mature for you. Since I'm not using Mackenzie, I need to bring somebody in that looks like a teenager that the judges see instantly as older than the rest of you. So, moms, look out. I'm putting Payton on the number, and Leslie will be joining us."