I Know What You Did Last Competition

"Finally, overall high score, junior groups!" Abby exclaims as we form a line, "Let's move on to the pyramid."

Quick recap. The group was first, same as Kenzie's and Nia's duet. My duet with Giselle, well, Giselle's duet was second. My dear mother still isn't back and I miss the Sour Bananas bothering us, somehow.

"First we have Brooke. Probation. No solo this week." Abby reveals, "Paige. Same thing. Brooke, Paige, you didn't do your routines. Nobody got to see them."

"They didn't not to their solos because they weren't prepared." Kelly speaks up, "They didn't do their solos because of the unfair treatment."

"Well, regardless, it doesn't matter." Abby says, "Chloe. Last Monday, you went to the doctor, then you went to the movies. That's ridiculous. You need to be in class, not at the movie theater." She reveals the next headshot, "Giselle. Right from the top to the bottom in one week. I don't really blame you, you lost your duet partner and had to perform with your sister, with whom you hadn't rehearsed with prior to performing."

Giselle sighs as Abby reveals the next headshot.

"Mackenzie, did a great job, but it still wasn't your best. You need to be in more ballet classes." Abby explains, "Nia. You're here because you worked very well with Mackenzie. I gave you a role, you were the ringmaster in a circus. Some may say it's a little immature for you, but I love the fact that you embraced it, that you had fun with it, and that you were entertaining to the audience."

Both Nia and Holly smile.

"Second of the pyramid, we have Maddie." Abby continues, "Maddie, you stepped out on stage, you started your routine, and your music skipped. You didn't let it get the best of you, you stayed out there, you kept going, and you finished without missing a beat. You really had the audience behind you. So I don't know what happened with the CD. It was just scratched, but, we need to move on."

I was starting to think the moms were actually jealous of Maddie. Especially because they looked thrilled for Giselle and Chloe when they were on the top, but Maddie gets to the top and they're all quiet and definitely judgmental.

"And on the top of the pyramid, we have Genevieve." Abby reveals, "You were first place with your solo, you worked really hard on it and it paid off. You also decided to perform the duet with Giselle when Brooke over here failed to show up. Really nice work."

Genevieve

Maddie    Nia    Mackenzie

Giselle   Chloe   Paige   Brooke

"Now, this week we will be attending Energy Dance Competition again. It's in Waterford Township, Michigan." Abby announces, "Last week, when I called to enter the routines, Gina, the owner, she told me there are two studios specifically coming to beat the Abby Lee Dance Company."

Genevieve: Ooh, we've got company. Get it? Company, because there's more people there besides us. Abby Lee Dance Company? I groan, Whatever.

"Let's talk about the group number. It's called "Silver Spoon"." Abby continues, "Silver meaning the finest quality flatware. Meaning the luxuries of life. The country club, uh, the finest schools, so this is a pretty dance. We also have a prop. We have a big, giant spoon, and you pass the spoon around throughout the routine."

Are we gonna eat out of it?

"I want to talk about the rest of the numbers." Abby says, "Maddie, you and Chloe will be doing a duet. It's called "Inside Of Me" and you need to work together. You need to be a team. I want to see that teamwork once again. Understood?" Moving on, "Nia. You're going to have a solo this week. It is called "Bound". It means you're being held back while you're trying to chase your dream." Nia smiles, "Mackenzie, you're doing a solo. Your dance is called "Daisy Chain". You're like a flower, and you're thinking: he loves me, he loves me not. he loves me, he loves me not, and it's not Justin Bieber, it's the judges. Understood?"