Chloe Gets Revenge

I already knew this conversation ― better known as a confession ― was not going to end well, and judging by their reactions as I told them each thing, I was right on the price. Ironically, I was still behind by two years. I was barely finishing how I had felt after competing in the duet at nationals back in 2012 with Giselle before said girl started asking question after question, but at least I thought they'd be amusing--

They were not.

"Why would Maddie keep something like that?"

"Did you never think about telling someone else about it?"

"Did Abby hurt you?"

"But--"

And I actually had answers for each question:

Number one - I made Maddie promise and basically guilt-tripped her into hiding it.

Number two - No one was exactly thinking that the star of the show was having a bad time.

Number three - Besides mentally, verbally, and emotionally, not yet.

By this point, I was sitting on the couch opposite the rest, so it basically felt as if I was being interrogated. I also found myself pulling down my shirt's long sleeves as if I was trying to hide something-- which in my head, I was, but again, judging by their faces, they definitely knew I was hiding something else, even if I didn't want to admit it at the moment.

But I noticed how they slowly started connecting the pieces, so I had to distract them with something else. My eyes just so happened to fall on my older sister and then she became the victim of my rage.

"What about all the things you did with Kendall?" I questioned, finally making eye contact with someone since I first started talking. "Like when you told me that you didn't want me there and that no one cared?"

As all eyes fell on her, I felt the satisfaction as she stumbled over her words over and over again, but as our parents watched her, Zane still stared at me with a confused expression. I started to think he would be the first one to figure out everything, but it was just a matter of time until it all came out to the surface.

"I think I deserve a solo because-- uh, I haven't had one in a while."

The entire elite team ― plus Jade and Loree, also apparently Lexi and Allison aren't official yet ― walked across the parking lot, heading towards the white building. To start off with a conversation, Jill ― sigh ―asked who thought they would get a solo this week. Last week, Jade and Chloe went head-to-head and Jade won, but she's years older than Chloe. The most recent dancers to have solos besides the two of them were Nia and Kendall. Elle, Lexi, Maddie, Kenzie, and I hadn't had solos in a while. I did get duets two weeks in a row, but nothing else, and even if duets were great, solos were-- usually entertaining.

But as I thought about it, I realized how it meant that I'd have to be alone in a room with Abby if it was filmed for the show. For these past couple of weeks, someone was always in the room with me and Abby during my so-called privates. It would usually be Maddie because she also had privates, but it would depend, but I hoped that if I got a solo, someone else got a solo so there was an excuse that they were there.

Oh, and no Kendall, please.

We all entered the studio and walked down the hallway that led to the dancer's den, followed by our mothers ― plus Ava because she's a cutie, but don't say that I said that ― while we continued talking. Giselle opened the door and let us walk in, so I was the first inside. I soon stopped in my tracks as I noticed the select team in the room. The mothers were sitting on the spots our mothers usually sat at, the girls were stretching right where we usually stretched, and Christy was simply there. Sitting down and stared at us as the rest of the girls also stopped walking.