Hollywood Here We Come

Luckily for me, the TDA loss didn't take a big toll on me. Yes, I was upset at first, but I realized there are more important matters at hand. Nationals was that same day ― at least when I thought about it ― and I had to be focused on that. During one of the many breaks back at the competition, I decided to show my routine to Jaycee and Emma, who gave me some corrections and helped me perfect the routine.

While we did that, other girls walked up, talking about this new music video that was released with me on it. I freaked out at first, but it turned out it was just the "Freaks Like Me" music video, and I didn't even watch it. I wasn't about to watch myself force a smile onto my face while I was being quite literally-- you know.

Right after the competition was over ― that included the official ceremony and an after-party ― we left the hotel, starting our way back to California. It was around three in the morning, and according to the GPS, we would get there by eight. We'd be meeting up with the rest near the competition site so we could get on the bus and pretend that we all traveled together for the show's sake. As far as I knew, they were trying their best to hide the fact that Lexi and I had been gone for a day competing at the TDAs. The T-word was pretty much banned, and they couldn't talk about it at all. Still, it wasn't that they didn't want to. In fact, they were trying their best to talk about it, but the people back at the TDAs said another thing, so they couldn't do it, which I was happy about. Imagine having a camera following me around while I was internally freaking out. Not that it doesn't happen on a daily basis, but there, it would've been way worse.

It was around six-thirty by that point, and the three of us were awake. I was sitting in the front passenger's seat while Lexi had the entire back row for herself. At eleven, sitting at the front was most likely illegal, but then again, it wasn't the first illegal thing that had happened in the past forty-eight hours. Just when the road trip back started, Lexi brought it up, which made me mentally face-palm myself. By the end of the interrogation, I figured three things out: it'll be a secret between the five of us, it's not the first time Lauren does something like that, and Lexi doesn't understand body language.

There was also the part where Lauren could have easily told our moms that we snuck into a casino, but that was also out of the question. Hopefully, no one will find those photos in our galleries-- at least Lexi's and mine. Lauren probably has a lot of random photos with Alexa. According to Kalani when I texted her, they were best friends back when they were both students at Club Dance. They both wanted to become choreographers and started working at Club Dance right after they graduated. However, the blonde later got a job offer from the ALDC, and like she was eager to relocate, she agreed, but now she's regretting it. A lot.

The radio had been on since we first left at three-twenty, but I hadn't been listening to it at all. Apparently, you should play loud music when you're driving at night so you don't fall asleep. Jokes on them, I haven't slept at all. It had been over twenty-four hours since I last slept, but with all the nervousness and stress, I hadn't been able to sleep. Also, I don't really like sleeping in cars, so there's that.

"Eves?" I hummed in response, not wanting to turn around to look at the brunette, who was probably just waking up. "Are you gonna come back to watch me today?"

"Yeah," I answered, trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible given the tiredness I was feeling. "You went to watch me, so I'll do the same. Besides, I don't have anything planned to do after the competition today."

"You know, Maddie texted me while you were competing, and she said that Abby's going to disband the teams." She told me, but I was too tired to react. The only thing I was able to think was great. "She's gonna disband both teams and we'll have to audition again. She wants to have a West Coast team and an East Coast team."