Dying To Dance

"Have you guys have been able to talk with Chloe?" I ask as I get off the car with the Zieglers.

"Nope." Mackenzie answers.

"She was pretty quiet the other night." Maddie adds, "Maybe she was just tired."

I shrug as we enter the studio and get ready for the pyramid.

We didn't have time a lot of time to chat because we had to enter studio "A". I sat in between Brooke and Nia.

"I want to talk about this upcoming weekend." Abby says, "It's regionals. Everybody knows how important that is." She points at the chalkboard, "We are going to StarPower. You know that's one of the toughest competitions out there."

Genevieve

Maddie   Chloe   Paige

Brooke   Nia   Vivi-Anne   Mackenzie

"This is what's going to happen for this next weekend." Abby looks at us.

"You're on top." Nia whispers, "Congrats."

"Thanks," I whisper back.

"--The entire cast. It is called, "Where Have All the Children Gone?"."

"What is she talking about?" I lean over to Maddie.

"The group dance." She answers, her eyes not leaving the board.

The group dance is called "Where Have All the Children Gone?", and according to Abby, it's dark, and mature, and we have to be good actresses to pull it off.

Maybe it really is like that, or Abby's just exaggerating.

~~~

My solo is lyrical and it's entitled "Just Watch Me". It was fairly simple; there weren't any new steps.

I didn't know if Chloe and Brooke had learned their solos yet, but Abby spent her time working with Maddie and me.

Now, while Chloe rehearsed her solo, Maddie and I sat at the back of studio "A", watching her.

"Has she even talked to you?" Maddie asks.

"No." I answer, "It's weird."

"Bet ten dollars that she's upset that Cesar talked to you and not to her." Maddie comments.

I look over at her and frown. Maddie shrugs and says:

"She looked upset ever since we were the only two who didn't have props in "Sugar Daddies"."

"Why would she even be upset?" I ask.

"Christi." Maddie simply says, "Christi has been upset that we have been getting "special treatment", so she's telling Chloe stuff about us."

"And would she believe it?" I look back to Chloe and Abby.

"Christi's her mom." Maddie answers, "Of course, she'll believe her."

"That doesn't sound like Chloe." I look back to Maddie.

"I know." Maddie agrees, "But it sounds like Christi."

For the rest of the rehearsal, we were silent, each one too busy listening to our own thoughts.

Just thinking of Chloe being jealous was unreal. She has always been sweet and kind to everyone, but she also looks up to her mom. Christi is a little jealous. That's what she has shown for the past two weeks now. She was upset that Maddie and I beat Chloe, she was jealous that we didn't have props because they were broken, and she was jealous that the agent talked to me instead of her own daughter. It's not my fault if I pulled his focus, and it's not my fault that Chloe started crying in the dancer's den before the audition. In all cases, she should be upset at Abby and her "treatment", not making her daughter be upset at us for something we can't even control in the first place.