Wildly Inappropriate

"Is Miss Abby going to be mad at us?" I ask as I sit in the dancer's den with Chloe.

"I hope not." Chloe answers, "I don't like when she's mad."

"Me neither." I agree, "But you won with your trio."

"She argued with my mom during awards." Chloe comments, "I don't think she's happy with her."

"Maybe." I shrug.

"Girls!"

The two of us make our way to studio "A" and sit down.

"Phoenix was rough, you guys got your butts kicked. Here in Pittsburgh, you have won everything, but it's clearly a different story when you get in a plane and fly across the country." Abby starts the pyramid and all the girls look at her, "For years, I took the kids by myself. I made sure the hair was right. I made sure the makeup was right, I put the headpiece on. All the mothers want to go now because they are reliving their childhood through all of you, and that's when the trouble happens."

Were they? Who knew. I just knew one thing, this week was going to be way harder than the last one.

After all of us got corrections from the teacher, she turned around the chalkboard to reveal the pyramid.

Maddie

Paige    Chloe   Genevieve

Brooke   Nia    Mackenzie

The new group dance was entitled "Electricity". There were three solos. The first was Maddie's and it was entitled "Cry". The next one was Chloe's and it was entitled "Baby Mine". The last solo was mine and it was entitled "Handclap". It was mainly jazz, but my best style was lyrical, so I needed to cross my fingers that I would beat Maddie with her beautiful lyrical contemporary and Chloe with her musical theatre. They were both good with that kind of solos, and I was typically second or third with jazz, but luckily, I have always placed. It would be a shame that the first time I didn't place would be on national television.

The day after pyramid, the three soloists spent our time in studio "B". I did my final pose and the other two girls clap.

"That was so cool!" Maddie smiles and I sit down beside her, "Chlo, you're next!"

"All right." Chloe smiles as she stands up and walks up to the middle of the room.

"Remember what Miss Abby told you." I tell my friend, "The facials carry the dance."

Chloe starts rehearsing her solo and we look at her amazed as she continues dancing. Once she finishes, she gets into her final position and we clap.

"We are so gonna win this." I say, "Maybe we could have a clean sweep!"

"That would be so cool!" Maddie agrees, "But who is going to be first?"

"Is that a question?" Chloe smiles and does a pose, "Me!"

"No." I stand up, "I will."

"Now that I'm thinking about it, it should be me." Maddie stands up.

"No fair." Chloe laughs.

"I will," Maddie assures her.

"No, I will." I smile, "And I'll go to the group dance rehearsal first so that Miss Abby notices how dedicated I am."

"That doesn't make sense." Maddie smiles, "But it will if I go first."

"No!"

The three of us run out of studio "B" and as we're about to enter studio "A", Abby enters the dancer's den.