Guess Who's Back?

"Well, we went to Starbound. We proved that you are national champions once again. It's much, much, much more fun to win, ladies." Abby starts. "All right, now, let's talk about this week. We are headed--"

At that moment, the door opened, revealing Jill. Kelly's mouth opened in shock as we all looked at her.

"Hi, everyone." She says, turning to Abby. "Abby, can I talk to you?"

"Jill," Abby says. "You know what?"

"I know we had some differences--" Jill starts.

"I know. I'm right in the middle of the pyramid." Abby tells her. "You know how this works."

"I do know how it works." Jill clarifies. "I made a mistake going to Candy Apples. You guys know that. It was a mistake, and I would really like for you to find a spot for Kendall on this team like you did once before--"

The shocked faces were now replaced by amused ones. Christi, Mom, and Melissa were seemingly holding in their laughter. Maddie took glances at each girl as she kept on smiling. Giselle had started laughing, but Brooke had nudged her to stop. Kenzie and I were looking at each other, listening to the conversation while not watching it unfold. Nia and Paige were looking over to the door, probably waiting for Kendall to come in if she was even there. Kelly and Holly were sharing knowing looks, and I knew they were judging Jill.

"Jill, I don't have time for this today." Abby continues. "I have--"

"I understand that--" Jill interrupts.

"I have solos, I have a group." Abby interrupts her and continues talking. "We have a competition this weekend."

"I want to be there with you," Jill says.

In response, Abby looked over at us, a shocked look on her face. Kenzie and I broke eye contact, with her laughing. Because of that, I looked back at Abby and had to cover my mouth.

"I-I think that Kendall can fit right in this group." Jill seemingly wouldn't give up.

Giselle: Jill was definitely pulling a Rick Astley, cause she was never going to give up on Abby.

My eyes darted over to the moms, who were now a million times more interested than they were a minute ago. As Jill continued talking, I watched as they rolled their eyes, tried not to laugh, and looked at each other. The moment the moms turned to the door, I followed them, watching as Kendall walked over to us.

"Now, we're going to Starpower in Lancaster." Abby resumes. "Not very far, but a big competition. Lots of people from New Jersey and the New York area will be in attendance."

I looked over to Kendall, who was now wiping her tears away.

This was a weird pyramid.

"On the bottom of the pyramid: Mackenzie. When things are done in contagion, and you do it first, and then Paige and then Nia, when you do it so fast, you make Paige and Nia look like they're off. Like they're the wrong ones." Abby reveals the next headshot. "Next: Nia. The aerial walkover got you into trouble. Don't let it happen again. You need to slow down."

If Nia and Mackenzie were in the bottom two because of the trio, it means that the next one is--

"Paige."

Exactly.

"You really didn't do anything wrong, but you're part of the trio, so you have to take responsibility for it," Abby explains. "Giselle. You did well in the group dance, but whatever happened between you and Payton backstage has to stop. Grow up and stop acting like little kids."